Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall install waiting for advanced features to show in App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a powerwall installed 10 days ago to use for time of use arbitrage with no solar. The Tesla app only shows backup and storm watch in the customize section. I need to set the time of use features. Tesla said that it takes a couple of days to "run scripts" for activation of powerwall and they perform this in batches. Anyone experience this issue?

I have a ticket opened with them that was escalated to level 2 support, but no word yet.

Yeah I think it took under a week until I had the extra options. Never heard the ‘batches’ excuse before, you’d think there wouldn’t be that many new installs, they’d just do the ones for each day the day following or whatever. Ten days is a bit much.

Best of luck!

Thanks. Actually this morning it was enabled... So new installs need to wait before the advanced features become active.

There is reference to time of use (smart forecast) not being available immediately upon installing the app in the app manual. I guess it takes a while to connect to the servers and run through a few cycles.

From the manual:

Powerwall continuously runs an energy forecast, learning the patterns of your energy use and seasonal solar production.

This energy forecast allows your Powerwall to optimize your energy usage.  If the forecast shows that you are likely to use energy at a high-cost time, Powerwall prioritizes charging during low-cost times and discharging during high-cost periods.

This smart forecast is why Time-Based Control does not show within the first 24 hours after you download the Tesla app. Time is needed to learn about your energy usage.  

Even though you are in an arbitrage scenario I wonder if these cycles still need to occur before it enables the option.