Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with newly installed Powerwall 2 UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Just looking or a little help

Had a powerwall 2 installed yesterday. Don’t have Solar yet just using the Powerwall to load shift on Inteligent Octopus

Problem we are having is that the unit was installed yesterday. It charged to 100% straight after being installed. I set the off peak hours in the app but it ignored those and charge to full at peak prices

It then went into standby mode and has not done any discharge all all we are still pulling all power from the grid

There is no way on the app to select time based we only see self powered

The installer says leave it a few days and it will sort itself out but I can’t understand why it’s not discharging at all just sat on standby so totally useless at the moment

Any advice appreciated

I suggest going to the UK and Ireland subforum, and searching for the word "octopus". Most of the discussion on that utility setup is in that subforum.

You are likely to get more relevant responses there.

Just a few of the threads that show up when that subforum is searched for "octopus"

I suggest going to the UK and Ireland subforum, and searching for the word "octopus". Most of the discussion on that utility setup is in that subforum.

You are likely to get more relevant responses there.

Just a few of the threads that show up when that subforum is searched for "octopus"

Yes I have seen those and the threads all. Relate to issues with car charging and octopus

This is not my issue my issue is the Powerwall battery will not discharge power to the house it’s just sat full at 100%. Nothing to do with charging the car

Ok, well time based controls take a few days to a week to show up, so that is normal.

If you are on self powered AND you have the reserve set to a low number, I dont know why the powerwall would not discharge.

Yeah it just won’t discharge. Only way to get it to discharge is to force it into off grid mode then it powers the house perfectly. But once back in on grid it just powers the battery back to 100% then goes into standby and does no discharging

Just had a Powerwall 2 installed (yesterday) and I've set up the Time if Use info (Octopus Intelligent). Also got the advanced option today for setting Grid Charging on/off (currently set to on).
It's been running fine today in terms of using the solar and minimising any grid import. Reserve is set to 20% and battery level has peaked today at around 27%.
The strange thing is that after a short time, if I go back into settings, the mode setting has switched itself from TOU back to Self-Powered mode. I've tried putting it back to TOU regularly today but it always reverts after a while.
Is this normal? Will it sort itself out after a few days?
I need the TOU to get the battery to charge overnight - it didn't charge at all last night from the grid.
Perhaps I'm being a little impatient but I've not seen any mention of this before?
Any thoughts?