Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Raven Performance S Owner, almost right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery on my MS Performance Raven today. Car is beautiful! Despite some of the stories I’ve read here it looked great when I arrived no paint or quality issues. However, I ordered carbon fiber inlay and I got wood grain. What the heck? I asked about it and the delivery rep ran off o make phone calls. What they offered and I agreed to is a work order to replace the wood grain with carbon fiber. Seems straightforward. But I’m worried that taking the dashboard apart and putting it back together is just gonna cause issues for me down the road. Yes it’s clips and screws but most of time those clips and screws aren’t designed for on/off/on use. Anyone have this done before and are my fears founded? Or is this really an easy thing? Alternative was to “look for another car that matches what I ordered” to which I laughed and said not by end of June. Thoughts?

My wife's Model X came with black wood that she didn't like, so I found the natural ash wood trim kit from another member who upgraded to carbon fiber.

I replaced all the trim pieces in her X on my own (figuring out how to do it along the way) in an afternoon. It wasn't super easy, but not that hard either.

Bottom line, the swap is easy for a tech that has the specific instructions from Tesla. I doubt you'll have any rattles or anything to worry about.

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc