Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

New/Recent M3 owners. Which Charging cable did your car come with?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been reading a lot lately, that would seem like now when you get your car you only get the normal 110v plug? Been seeing people talking about having to order an adapter.

When I got my 2019 M3 it came with the normal plug AND the 14-50 adapter plug with it.

I am curious because I'm hopefully SOON getting my new M3 and was wondering what to expect.

It’s only $35. Won’t make or break anything.

For me, it wasn't the cost as much as the fact that at the time I traded in my 2018 Model 3 AWD for the 2020 Model 3 Performance (March 2020), the 14-50 adapter was not available.

As it turns out, the SA told me that if I wanted to remove any aftermarket parts I had added and replace them with the original parts, to go ahead and do it. I was surprised since I assumed the trade-in value was somewhat based on the upgrades I had done. Turns out that the car was going to auction anyway. So I removed the wheels and tires, wheel spacers, max spider floor mats, jack pads, Tesla flat tire kit and Taptes charging pad and replaced the with the original equipment. The SA also instructed me to take the 14-50 adapter and the frunk mat, since the 2020 Model 3 no longer came equipped with them. I was glad to be able to drive home and immediately use my recovered 14-50 adapter plug to charge. I'm not a fan of charging the car at 120 volts.

I really appreciated that info from the SA! It made my deal for the 2020 even better!

Reactions: MP3Mike