Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New referral 21-inch Archnids for MS for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phaduman

Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
San Jose
Just received the email to claim my referral 21-in archnids for ModelS. I have a poorman's model S (75D), and don't want to further reduce range + just powder coated my 19s to satin black - so want to enjoy them for a while.

These forged aluminum wheels are fantastic on the "P" cars to match the performance of the motors. I haven't received the wheels yet, but I believe they come as a set, with matching staggered (235 front and 265 rear) performance tires and and brand new TPMS sensors. If I had enough room in garage, I could keep my 19s for winter use (yea! California winter if you call that) and use the 21s in the summer months - but don't have that (space) luxury.

Let me know if you want to buy it. First offer above $5K gets them. I am in bay area, California, and would prefer to deal locally - no shipping! I believe I can select to install the wheel sets at a service center of my choice, but not sure if someone other than me can show up and claim the wheels and get them installed at the SC. If that is possible, then I can perhaps get Tesla to ship the wheels to your nearest SC - many unknowns there.

PM me if interested.
Cheers

Yea, $3k is a more realistic number.

Thanks - I will need to look at the comparables more then :). This is what I see the package is equivalent to:

• 21-inch forged alunimum wheels, t-sportline sells them for: $5,500 + tax/shipping
  • 4 set of new tires (Michelins staggered): $340/each for front, $390/each for rear = $1500 + tax/shipping
  • 4 set of new TPMS sensors: $50 each(?): $200
Total equivalent set (non-Tesla wheels): $7,200 + tax/shipping. I am asking for $5K for Tesla wheels + tires + TPMS. I am hoping Tesla SC will do the free install as I can ship them to the SC of the buyer's choice, so there is no tax & shipping.

I can see those buyers who don't need tires & TPMS (e.g. upgrading from their 21-in turbine wheels to try and get them at $3K, but t-sportline 21-in wheels are already at $5,500 just for the rims). Anyways, I guess we can wait and see who wants the whole package.

Thanks - I will need to look at the comparables more then :). This is what I see the package is equivalent to:

• 21-inch forged alunimum wheels, t-sportline sells them for: $5,500 + tax/shipping
  • 4 set of new tires (Michelins staggered): $340/each for front, $390/each for rear = $1500 + tax/shipping
  • 4 set of new TPMS sensors: $50 each(?): $200
Total equivalent set (non-Tesla wheels): $7,200 + tax/shipping. I am asking for $5K for Tesla wheels + tires + TPMS. I am hoping Tesla SC will do the free install as I can ship them to the SC of the buyer's choice, so there is no tax & shipping.

I can see those buyers who don't need tires & TPMS (e.g. upgrading from their 21-in turbine wheels to try and get them at $3K, but t-sportline 21-in wheels are already at $5,500 just for the rims). Anyways, I guess we can wait and see who wants the whole package.
Well, $3000 or so is what people are actually getting for the sets.

• Funny
Reactions: playoutside
Unfortunately (for sellers), the increased supply has resulted in a decreased price.

Fig5_Supply_and_demand_curves.jpg

Personally, I do not like the look of the Arachnids. I also would never pay even $2,000 for a new set of rims. Last year, I paid $750 to get custom rims for my Model X and I love them. I bought them from ritewheel4less on eBay

Brent

You paid 750 for cheap cast wheels...lets be realistic. Your comparison is tantamount to someone saying 'I bought a Nissan leaf instead of a fancy model X!' cast wheels made in China vs. Forged wheels are light years apart. Yours are also likely not 9x21 either. No offense...just trying to be realistic. I also have cheap cast wheels :) (the ones tesla included on the car)

Further the arachnids come with a new set of 21" summer tires usually Michelin PSS which are worth about $1400 on their own.

On top of that you also get a set of tesla tpms which are worth about 300-400.

I imagine your cast Chinese wheels, if you mounted Michelin PSS tires and tesla TPMS, and had them balanced, would approach the $3000 market value of the arachnids.

So who's saving what now?

I mounted the only wheels I could find from Discount Tire - everything out the door including warranty certificates came to $1,300 - so I spent a little over $2,000 for my wheels that I love... I do not care what the wheels are made of - I only care about what they look like. Comparing a Nissan Leaf (butt ugly) to a Model X is crazy. I have a laundry list of things that I love about my Model X...

Brent