Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New release notes.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted so this isnt mine.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1603333887868.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603333887868.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Informative
Reactions: croman and Tam
I am still going to be very curious if MCU1 with AP3 can handle this...

No chance. It will just be a blank screen and we have to pray it works. Also you have to keep nav on which is a struggle for MCU1 if you going to stream music as well. They should have just admitted they were wrong and given FSD buyers MCU2 if they bought it before the upgrade was announced instead of weaseling around it

Reactions: bktiger86
No chance. It will just be a blank screen and we have to pray it works. Also you have to keep nav on which is a struggle for MCU1 if you going to stream music as well. They should have just admitted they were wrong and given FSD buyers MCU2 if they bought it before the upgrade was announced instead of weaseling around it

I totally agree with you. I have a feeling that FSD owners will need MCU2. Might be able to use that as leverage or possible class action since people who purchased FSD thought they can get the self driving even without any MCU upgrade. Tesla just wouldn't want to admit it right now.

I totally agree with you. I have a feeling that FSD owners will need MCU2. Might be able to use that as leverage or possible class action since people who purchased FSD thought they can get the self driving even without any MCU upgrade. Tesla just wouldn't want to admit it right now.
If there is a class-action count me in. So much for all hardware required for FSD included.. dancing around visualizations. I consider all of those part of the FSD Feature. Not to mention removing features (radio, audio qualityt) to provide faster UI. you are paying to downgrade your car to use features tha you paid for ( I dont care about tesla theater and other crappy games, this is not why bought a tesla).

Reactions: bktiger86
I have no idea, but in any case a feature added to the package after you bought it is certainly not something Tesla is compelled to provide you if the car's hardware is not capable. You bought what you bought, and that's what Tesla is obligated to provide.

I think visualizations were assumed to be part of FSD even though Tesla never specifically said it. Why show other cars on the road if its not necessary then? Elon overpromised and under delivered. Now they will do the dance

I have no idea, but in any case a feature added to the package after you bought it is certainly not something Tesla is compelled to provide you if the car's hardware is not capable. You bought what you bought, and that's what Tesla is obligated to provide.
I don't care for 360 degree camera. If I have to beta test FSD and visualizations support this, then it should be included.

The only ones that "win" in a class action suit are the lawyers - for both sides.
About a decade and a half ago, I was mailed a check in the amount of $0.10 as a result of one. I don’t remember specifically what it was for, maybe some credit card overcharge or something, but it wasn’t even worth the trip to the bank to deposit the damn thing.

So the lawyers in the case would have received $0.05 for each member of the class. If there were 20 million members, that would be a million dollars.

Reactions: Akikiki
The way I see it why Tesla should not pay for lawyers when they could easily provide this to their customers and keep them happy with their investment while the company has periodically diminished their value with price-cuts. Its not like the company is spending billions on advertisements. It was always word of mouth (or through a tube , u-tube). Now, even only through specific u-tubers who will play nice with Tesla.