Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases New Yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Applies to the round S/X wheel too. Haven’t heard whether Tesla will offer a retrofit for existing cars, or whether you’ll get one of the new yokes if you have to replace the old one for any reason. I had my S yoke replaced under warranty because one of the turn signal buttons wasn’t always working.

Camera button. So you can take a picture? Why would you want to take a picture when all the cameras are running all the time? Sounds like a waste of a good button?
No it just brings up the camera display when you press it. I suspect the intention was to make bringing up the front facing camera more easily, but since Tesla seemingly decided not to roll that feature out to anything but the cybertruck, the button just seems oddly placed.

Marginally more useful probably would have been for it to function as a dashcam trigger. Or just make it completely customizable.

Applies to the round S/X wheel too. Haven’t heard whether Tesla will offer a retrofit for existing cars, or whether you’ll get one of the new yokes if you have to replace the old one for any reason. I had my S yoke replaced under warranty because one of the turn signal buttons wasn’t always working.
i have the same issue. Almost everyday, once or twice the left turn button won’t work. I had mobile appointment scheduled and tech was supposed to come today. I saw a message yesterday that there is currently no fix for the problem and new yoke would be available in March and suggested I set up an appointment then. It’s a 2023 MS

i have the same issue. Almost everyday, once or twice the left turn button won’t work. I had mobile appointment scheduled and tech was supposed to come today. I saw a message yesterday that there is currently no fix for the problem and new yoke would be available in March and suggested I set up an appointment then. It’s a 2023 MS
Were you led to believe that you would be getting one of the new yokes with the center horn? Good deal if that’s the case. Mine is also a 2023 MS, and I haven’t had any problem with the turn signal since they replaced the yoke. It was the left turn signal for me too.

Mine is left button too. This is what they said. So I am guessing it’s a new one, with horn in the center (Tesla needs better UX people, who puts horn and touch button on the yoke?)
IMG_7049.jpeg

How is there no fix? The fix is to replace the steering yoke/wheel with the the same part number you already have. I seriously doubt they're going to just upgrade both your yoke/wheel and airbag to the 2024 parts for free or at all.

Note that a failed turn signal is a defect that substantially impairs your ability to use the vehicle safely. All days that it doesn't work plus days in service added together count towards your lemon law odometer.

How is there no fix? The fix is to replace the steering yoke/wheel with the the same part number you already have. I seriously doubt they're going to just upgrade both your yoke/wheel and airbag to the 2024 parts for free or at all.

Note that a failed turn signal is a defect that substantially impairs your ability to use the vehicle safely. All days that it doesn't work plus days in service added together count towards your lemon law odometer.
They've essentially discontinued the old wheel as best as I can tell