Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Owner - Facing negativity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I've been a Tesla MX owner for a little over a month now, and I've been frankly surprised by the amount of negativity, fear mongering, and even hatred, I've encountered from some people, even friends and neighbors that I've known for years. It's been quite frustrating to deal with the rude and negative behaviors.

I'm curious to hear from other Tesla owners - have you experienced similar situations with people expressing negativity or even hatred towards Tesla? How do you all deal with it and stay positive about your Tesla ownership experience? I don't get it!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I've been a Tesla MX owner for a little over a month now, and I've been frankly surprised by the amount of negativity, fear mongering, and even hatred, I've encountered from some people, even friends and neighbors that I've known for years. It's been quite frustrating to deal with the rude and negative behaviors.

I'm curious to hear from other Tesla owners - have you experienced similar situations with people expressing negativity or even hatred towards Tesla? How do you all deal with it and stay positive about your Tesla ownership experience? I don't get it!

Thanks!
To heck with the ignorant haters. I’ll drive my Tesla no matter how much it lives in their head rent free. Have driven it for over 7 years and 116k miles in a state that isn’t very pro EV. Been coal rolled and flipped off. But also do get thumbs up. Let the haters hate. It’s a great litmus test to see how these people really are. Showing true colors and all.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Have they had the opportunity to experience riding in an electric vehicle? A Tesla specifically?

Ask them to explain why they dislike them, where they got their information from, and what would need to change in order for them to not have a negative opinion.

My guess is their information is wrong.

Reactions: MitchMitch