Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla service center replaces BMW Dealer facility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the far southeast side of sprawling Houston in League city there is a new showroom that is replacing a BMW facility. Is this a sign of things to come? well maybe, but I like it. Particularly it beats taking your life in your hands to travel 50 miles in congested houston freeways and all their crazy drivers. specifically if it opens soon enough I can get a 12 volt battery there before mine goes out, and have it as a spare in the frunk.

Reactions: Abraham
On the far southeast side of sprawling Houston in League city there is a new showroom that is replacing a BMW facility. Is this a sign of things to come? well maybe, but I like it. Particularly it beats taking your life in your hands to travel 50 miles in congested houston freeways and all their crazy drivers. specifically if it opens soon enough I can get a 12 volt battery there before mine goes out, and have it as a spare in the frunk.
I was driving by the other day and saw the huge Tesla sign. Glad to see more locations, as you said. I also noticed another building adjacent to it that was newly painted in the Tesla white and red scheme, with black satin framed doors/windows. Wonder if it’s also part of it.

Also glad to hear it’s replacing a legacy auto facility. Always tickles my heart to see that. Definitely a sign of the changing times. 😊

Reactions: Ridgeline
I was driving by the other day and saw the huge Tesla sign. Glad to see more locations, as you said. I also noticed another building adjacent to it that was newly painted in the Tesla white and red scheme, with black satin framed doors/windows. Wonder if it’s also part of it.

Also glad to hear it’s replacing a legacy auto facility. Always tickles my heart to see that. Definitely a sign of the changing times. 😊
The formerly black now white building you reference was the Mini dealership that also relocated when the BMW dealership built a new, larger lot and moved north. There is also the (still vacant) MB dealership immediately to the south that also built new and moved to the north.

Yes, Tesla already did the same thing by replacing a former BMW facility with a Tesla showroom/service center in San Antonio at the beginning of this year. So I expect a lot more takeovers to come.

It opened today. There are hundreds of Tesla's there, $3K off any one in stock. This new service center is about 1 mile from my house. I used to take my BMW there for service. They are using the old Mini dealership part as well. So nice to have a service center so close.