Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tires & New Alignment - Car is Pulling Right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a new set of Hankook Ion Evo AS put on my 2018 Model 3 about 10 days ago. Right away I notice the car starts pulling to the right with the new tires when the old tires did not. I found a shop in town that would do an alignment for me. Camber and Caster numbers looked good but the front Toe was out quite a bit (-0.38 L & 0.68 R). The shop thought the car should have been pulling left on me. They get the Toe all fixed (-0.09L & -0.09R) plus did the steering alignment reset in service mode and I drive it away. Still pulling right. Maybe even harder? I've read countless threads here where they recommend doing tire swaps to try and find a radial pull defect so I swapped the front tires first. No change. Then the back tires. No change. I found a second shop in town to try an alignment. They found everything good and green and didn't change it. I went back to the tire shop and we ordered a replacement set of the same Hankooks. I had them put on today and the car is still pulling right. By that I mean the steering wheel starts veering to the right and the car starts to leave the lane with in 2 seconds.

Anybody have any other suggestions? Could it be steering related? I suppose my next step is to take it to Tesla but it's a 2+ hour drive from me.

In for a resolution here as well. Similar process for me, multiple alignments after new tires and the car wants to go right.
Just as you did, I also reset the alignment offset and have put over 1500 miles on the car.
But I did do Michelin PS4S on my factory 20 inch Uberturbines.

Last edited:
Update here: I got my car into my closest service center 2.5 hours away on Tuesday. They verified the alignment at the time looked fine and verified the car was drifting right but they noticed the front suspension components were worn out (specifically the bushings). I approved the replacement of the upper control arms and lower linkages. The invoice said they drove it and the car is no longer pulling. I'm driving down tomorrow to pick it up and I will verify that it's driving straight and update here. Not the cheapest fix in the world but hopefully we're all fixed.

• Informative
Reactions: Lindenwood