Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Two Tesla Family Chaos & Fix...:)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JSBinPNW

Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2022
1505 SE 113th Court
After 12 months & 19k very happy miles on my Tesla M3 my wife recently took delivery of a new Y. I had no set up issues with my M3 LR. The Y was an altogether different story. My wife was locked out of her Y 3 times in 39 miles and refused to drive it. Long story shorft here's what we learned. 1) Only connect the cars to 2 devices. The Tesla app popped up on our iPads automatically and I thought little about it. We had a Tesla mobile tech come out 6 days after delivery and he said the car was excessively loaded with error codes as a result of 4 connected devices and he had to do a serious under hood reboot. 2) My wife keeps her iPhone in her somewhat crowded purse. I had ordered a Tesla key Fob for her Y and fortunately it arrived before the mobile Tech and he set it up for us. That's what I learned. All seems good now. PS ---- The Tesla Mobile Tech we had was absolutely fantastic about this whole event. I am so grateful. All just FYI.