Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New USB-C Ports in M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the "ordering" forum, it was mentioned that any post-June M3 is going to start coming with wireless charging and USB-C ports, likely to match the MY production. Does anyone know what the wattage of those are?

If they're the same as what the USB-A ports delivery, the Cs won't be anymore useful than the As are now.

Reactions: GtiMart
in the "ordering" forum, it was mentioned that any post-June M3 is going to start coming with wireless charging and USB-C ports, likely to match the MY production. Does anyone know what the wattage of those are?

If they're the same as what the USB-A ports delivery, the Cs won't be anymore useful than the As are now.

You mean beside the fact that people who have phones with USB C charging cables, etc wont have to use an adapter or a hub?

You mean beside the fact that people who have phones with USB C charging cables, etc wont have to use an adapter or a hub?
a USB-A to USB-C cable works fine, but you won't fast charge. Tesla even supplies the cables to do this. That isn't the point and iPhones still use USB-A to Lightning anyway.

having a usb-c port doesn't mean you'll get usb-c speeds/wattage. that's why i created this thread.

a USB-A to USB-C cable works fine, but you won't fast charge. Tesla even supplies the cables to do this. That isn't the point and iPhones still use USB-A to Lightning anyway.

having a usb-c port doesn't mean you'll get usb-c speeds/wattage. that's why i created this thread.

You mentioned "any more useful" not " wont charge faster".

"any more useful" doesn't negate the fact that there's a solution in either case.

look i'm not trying to be difficult but this wasn't the point of the thread. if new M3s start coming with USB-C ports, apple users will be required to get a new cable anyway, or just deal with wireless charging. however, if the new ports have higher output, the wireless charger will charge faster.

if the new ports have the same wattage as previous, changing the port standard doesn't make them any more (or less) useful. it's a moot point.