Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Years Resolution: Buy a Tesla THIS week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess the salesperson didn't want to deal with a bottom feeder:(

Correct. I've called about buying one under 40K and the CPO rep I talked to just last week said that there haven't been any for sale for under 50K which I know isn't correct because I've been watching the Tesla sight and have seen some come and go.

I just figured I would have to watch other sites and this forum for one for me. The Tesla CPO's seem nice enough but don't have any interest in "lower buyers" because their site's cars sell like hotcakes regardless of price while other site's cars linger. Just waiting for the prices to go slightly down in general.

Not that I don't think the cars are worth it. I just commute and want to replace my ICE while keeping my expenses the same. Other electric cars don't have the range I need nor the speed ability I like :) I've seen similar comments on the forums that currently the cars are lingering and prices will likely go down soon. I really can't wait to buy one.

Patience is a killer sometimes though!

Correct. I've called about buying one under 40K and the CPO rep I talked to just last week said that there haven't been any for sale for under 50K which I know isn't correct because I've been watching the Tesla sight and have seen some come and go.

I just figured I would have to watch other sites and this forum for one for me. The Tesla CPO's seem nice enough but don't have any interest in "lower buyers" because their site's cars sell like hotcakes regardless of price while other site's cars linger. Just waiting for the prices to go slightly down in general.

Not that I don't think the cars are worth it. I just commute and want to replace my ICE while keeping my expenses the same. Other electric cars don't have the range I need nor the speed ability I like :) I've seen similar comments on the forums that currently the cars are lingering and prices will likely go down soon. I really can't wait to buy one.

Patience is a killer sometimes though!

After purchasing my chevy volt I literally will never go back to an ICE. This tesla purchase only solidifies my appreciation for the future of driving!

Reactions: gavine
After purchasing my chevy volt I literally will never go back to an ICE. This tesla purchase only solidifies my appreciation for the future of driving!

Ah I believe you and can't wait to try it!

My current "commuter" car is a Camaro SS and so when I have looked at the specs of electric cars I've always been like "Ehhhh...." but the Tesla's seem like a car that I would seriously still enjoy. And has the range I need (100+ miles per day). So a Tesla will be my first adventure into the electric car realm.

Whenever I can get one that is :)

there have been plenty of cars at $40K and under. def get a new OA.

based on my recent CPO buying experience I believe the best deals happen before the cars make the inventory. i told my OA in Chicago what I wanted in the car, and what I wanted to pay. she had 3 options that weren't listed online in my <$45K price range. I ended up switching my order from a MS60 when she contacted me about the P85 that was coming in off lease that day on the west coast. that car sits in my garage now, and I paid around $40k.

if you think patience is difficult while looking for the car, wait until you agree to buy and then have to wait 6 weeks. that's a whole nuther level of "patience". but it's worth it in the end, without doubt.

aside buying from Tesla's CPO program, another option that retains the warranty (bumper to bumper) is buying from a private seller who has purchased the extended warranty. that warranty transfers to the new owner whereas it doesn't if you buy from a dealership's used lot. keep that in mind, great cars show up in the classifieds here and elsewhere like craigslist. please always buyer beware, wherever you buy.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
there have been plenty of cars at $40K and under. def get a new OA.

based on my recent CPO buying experience I believe the best deals happen before the cars make the inventory. i told my OA in Chicago what I wanted in the car, and what I wanted to pay. she had 3 options that weren't listed online in my <$45K price range. I ended up switching my order from a MS60 when she contacted me about the P85 that was coming in off lease that day on the west coast. that car sits in my garage now, and I paid around $40k.

if you think patience is difficult while looking for the car, wait until you agree to buy and then have to wait 6 weeks. that's a whole nuther level of "patience". but it's worth it in the end, without doubt.

aside buying from Tesla's CPO program, another option that retains the warranty (bumper to bumper) is buying from a private seller who has purchased the extended warranty. that warranty transfers to the new owner whereas it doesn't if you buy from a dealership's used lot. keep that in mind, great cars show up in the classifieds here and elsewhere like craigslist. please always buyer beware, wherever you buy.

What year and how much mileage??

Quick Question - Whenever the vehicle location on Teslainventory.com says Texas - Dallas, is there an easy way to figure out where the car actually is? Or phone number to locate the car? I'd like to go look at them in person and test drive.

Thanks in advance!

Quick Question - Whenever the vehicle location on Teslainventory.com says Texas - Dallas, is there an easy way to figure out where the car actually is? Or phone number to locate the car? I'd like to go look at them in person and test drive.

Thanks in advance!
I've never heard of anyone getting to test drive a CPO car, it should drive great and if not they will fix it..