Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This discussion needs to be revisited. Beginning July 1, 2021, the Model Y is only eligible for the $500 NY Drive Clean Rebate because the program administrators are showing the “base MSRP” for the Model Y Long Range is in excess of $42,000. This, notwithstanding, that the base price of my MYLR is $39,990 on the order sheet. “Long Range AWD” is listed as a $11,500 option. As are the upgraded wheels, FSD, etc.

I’ve been in communications with the NYS program director and I think a recent MYLR window sticker would help restore the greater rebate for Model Ys. But, I don’t have access to a window sticker for a recent delivery (showing the $39900 base price) and my local service center is not being cooperative (or is swamped with deliveries). Does anyone have a window sticker for a recent delivery they can post?

Or, Tesla can actually help us out and contact the program administrators itself and clear up the issue.
The Y will get $500 directly if you take delivery, not sure how long it will last. There is nothing you need to do to get the $500 rebate.

It’s $500 - reduced from $2000 because NYS is ascribing the “wrong” base MSRP to the car. If it’s not fixed, New Yorkers are losing out on $1500 a pop.
I see what you mean. This is my order. LIke you say the base is less than the 42K to get the $2,000. Not sure if they include the $12,500 for long range to the MSRP which will make it more than $42K so it would be $500 rebate. I would love to get the additional $1500 more.

They want the sticker with price? Anyone in NY take recent delivery with sticker that can they can share? Will be great if you are able to get rebate amount changed.

Attachments

• y price.jpg
    y price.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 53
I see what you mean. This is my order. LIke you say the base is less than the 42K to get the $2,000. Not sure if they include the $12,500 for long range to the MSRP which will make it more than $42K so it would be $500 rebate. I would love to get the additional $1500 more.

They want the sticker with price? Anyone in NY take recent delivery with sticker that can they can share? Will be great if you are able to get rebate amount changed.
Yes! Need an image of a recent sticker.

This is a bummer because when I got my MY in June of 2020 I did get the $2K rebate.

What I personally think Tesla should do is allow anyone to purchase the base model and then not require the Long Range option to be added at configuration time (but you still can), but also give an option to make the Long Range pack upgrade as an app upgrade. This way you can buy the base model and then you can use the App to purchase the Long Range Pack as long as you do it before they make your car. The key to this is that the App Long Range Upgrade would be a separate bill and that as such it should not/ cannot be on the purchase sticker (much like if you wanted to buy FSD you could just pay 10k in the app, then the 10k wouldn't be on the sticker- although now you can subscribe).

Although it would make financing more complicated for people if they wanted/needed to finance the $12k upgrade for Long Range- BUT it would allow you to get state rebates from all sorts of states that are looking for any way to slow the rebates to save money and extend their rebate pool.