Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The new FSD transfer for 1Q 2024 is a crock of you know what

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went over to Tesla, tried new model 3, ok, no $7500 but NY State gives 2K rebate. I take the car for a drive. I get back and the woman tells me I can't do the FSD transfer because of
the firmware level in the HW3. So basically I thought they erase of old car and load new software. What this tells me that FSD will NOT work on all cars. I asked what no firmware update? (No - bullshit). So the firmware level tells me the are deficiencies in every car and they WILL not get FSD to work on HW3 My experience at work with IBM mainframes they would come in and update the firmware so that they could make fixes and give the computer the ability to perform instructions it didn't have.

So, basically, I'm gonna sit and wait until the $7500 comes back.

My car is 2019 M3SRP.

Sounds similar to the previous FSD transfer situation where multiple people from Tesla insisted there's a firmware issue but FSD transfer was fine:

I would have thought going through all of this in 23Q3 and integrating it with the app purchase process would have solved these issues by now. We transferred FSD from a 2018 Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and MP3Mike