Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI- I sent an email to them about 2 weeks ago asking specifically if adding FSD to a base price means I can't get a $2k rebate or since its an option that can be taken away (as we've see- rare but true) if it doesn't count. Its been radio silence.

If/When I ever get my delivery info I plan to ask about the $2k rebate; If FSD makes the $2k go down to $500, I'm planing on asking Tesla to remove FSD from the invoice and I'll just pay for it separately (and reduce my down payment a bit). Don't know if they will do that but can't hurt to ask. I mean its a $1500 difference... that's something.
FWIW, TeslaCanuck on YT bought FSD separately, and has had issues! Suggest you see his video (actually 2 videos). But I see your point!

I also contacted Tesla support with the information from NYSERDA that day reminding them that NY needs the VIN numbers and gave them the contact information.

Still don't see the models on the NYSERDA site yet- but hopefully soon.

So just reporting what I have seen on the NYSERDA site today.

Unfortunately no Model Y yet, HOWEVER there is an update...
Up until yesterday the highlight column below was the federal tax credit you were allowed- and it was reflecting last year's credit, which as we all know ran out last year... As of this morning, its correctly showing $0.

So yeah, that doesn't say much except that no one has seemed to change this page since 1/1- but they are now.. maybe on the brink of adding the Y? Your reading of the tea leaves is as good as mine- but I feel like we are getting somewhere.

2020-03-06_12-39-17.png

The $2K NY POS rebate does show up on your "Estimate Payment" screen if the site picks up that you are in NY.
So even though the MY in not on the NYSERDA site yet- it looks like Tesla will honor the rebate.

FWIW- the folks over at NYSERDA are pretty nice people. In 2017 when I purchased my Bolt, they walked the unregistered dealership through the enrollment program at my request and got them in the program overnight so I could get my $2K rebate in 2017.

NY-POS-Rebate.png

Just spoke w/a very nice lady at Drive Clean... they just got the VIN range for the Performance Model Y today, their site will be updated over the next couple of days.
They are waiting for the EPA range from the FED and VIN range for the LR Model Y from Tesla. She said probably a couple of weeks before the LR Model Y is added to their DB,

She did say however, even though the LR MY isn't on their DB yet, Tesla should honor the $2K rebate.

Yeah, I called them before and that's how I found out they are just waiting on the VIN numbers from Tesla. My understanding is that Tesla tells them the VIN number range so when the dealership gives them the VIN of the purchase, it correlates and they authorize the money (remember most dealerships aren't the actual company- so they need a safety from fraud).

At least that's my understanding.

Just spoke w/a very nice lady at Drive Clean... they just got the VIN range for the Performance Model Y today, their site will be updated over the next couple of days.
They are waiting for the EPA range from the FED and VIN range for the LR Model Y from Tesla. She said probably a couple of weeks before the LR Model Y is added to their DB,

She did say however, even though the LR MY isn't on their DB yet, Tesla should honor the $2K rebate.
Yeah, I think the NYSERDA listing is moot at this point. They've already said the Perfomance Y gets a $500 rebate and the other trim lines get $2,000 and Tesla has updated our pricing accordingly. So I have no doubt I'll get the $2,000 rebate on my AWD Y when I take delivery in a couple weeks.

Reactions: NY_Rob
Still waiting for my VIN. But I think since I'm set for home delivery they won't be able to deliver until after the end of the quarter. Which means they probably aren't going to move mine along until the quarter end rush is over.

This discussion needs to be revisited. Beginning July 1, 2021, the Model Y is only eligible for the $500 NY Drive Clean Rebate because the program administrators are showing the “base MSRP” for the Model Y Long Range is in excess of $42,000. This, notwithstanding, that the base price of my MYLR is $39,990 on the order sheet. “Long Range AWD” is listed as a $11,500 option. As are the upgraded wheels, FSD, etc.

I’ve been in communications with the NYS program director and I think a recent MYLR window sticker would help restore the greater rebate for Model Ys. But, I don’t have access to a window sticker for a recent delivery (showing the $39900 base price) and my local service center is not being cooperative (or is swamped with deliveries). Does anyone have a window sticker for a recent delivery they can post?

Or, Tesla can actually help us out and contact the program administrators itself and clear up the issue.

I saw that base price on the order sheet as well and was wondering if that would help with the rebate too. I think there is a similar situation in Canada and they are honoring base price. Hopefully someone will have a window sticker for you. Thanks for trying to get this fixed!