Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie Buying 2019 Tesla S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m thinking of buying a nice out of Province S, my first Tesla, and the current owner kindly took the car to Tesla for a checkup. He’s a bit shocked, as am I, that they want 15K to repair halfshafts and control arms. It’s the common shudder upon acceleration issue he described to me that led me to request he take it in, which he was kind enough to do. I’ve heard such problems may reoccur without aftermarket fixes. I have the repair quote he received from Tesla, with part numbers and prices if anyone would like to see it, but surely there are cheaper alternatives to, for example, replacing the entire steering assembly @ over 4K? It seems Tesla likes to replace entire assemblies, needed or not. Any advice welcome!

There is a Technical Service Bulliten on the half shafts (attached). I got them replaced last month on my 2020 S at no charge. Mention the TSB, and they should replace free as per the TSB if the car is still under warranty.

Attachments

• MC-10203323-9999.pdf
    722.7 KB · Views: 76