Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan Land Glider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Tokyo 2009 Preview: Nissan unveils Land Glider concept [w/VIDEO] — Autoblog Green
...a new concept called the Land Glider. Intended to be an urban runabout, the two-seat Land Glider is fully electric and is extremely narrow to ease congestion in dense city centers and make it easier to find suitable parking spots.

nissan-land-glider.jpg

Still haven't made up my mind about this, but considering its intent this could have the potential of being the 3rd car specifically for work commutes. I never liked driving my pickup 35 miles every day to/from work, but i need my truck on the weekends for outdoor activities. I used to have a motorcycle so that on "nice" days during the summer i wouldn't get 12-15 mpg but just didn't make sense since "nice" days made up maybe 20 percent of the time (winter lasts a while in MN).

I have not noticed most people having a 3rd car (except collectors or sports cars) as the economics and garage space concerns really have not allowed the idea to make sense for most people. There is not a doubt in my mind this concept can eventually be in the $12-15k range. With the small footprint the car would take a little more space then my riding mower which im sure some people can find a way to sneak this car in their garage/driveway.

If this vehicle got 200 mile range and went 70mph then it could easily be car 2 for most families. One for commuting/daily errands and one for large errands/trips. In no way does the normal person need three cars to fit this into their life. Depending on how the vehicle is classified it may qualify for HOV access in most states which is a great perk in a commuter. A 200 mile range, 70 mph vehicle of this type would also be reasonable for business trips from Seattle to Portland or similar distance. I find it sad when I have 4 people from Portland in my office up here and they all drove their own pickup truck or beamer.

Again this is a concept right now and given major car companies record it won't see production in the US.