Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ / Philly / Delaware - PPF and Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my model 3 ceramic coated by John at South Jersey Automotive Coatings. I have no affiliation, but I was overly impressed with his service and work. He really knows automotive paint and was willing to spend a lot of time explaining paint correction, paint defects, and the coating process to me. His shop is very nice, clean, and monitored by security cameras 24/7. His pricing was reasonable and straightforward and all paint correction was included in the package price. John coated my car with a gtechniq coating that carries a warranty backed by the manufacturer. It doesn't require annual inspections like some of the coatings do and really gives it that hydrophobic quality that will make it easy to keep the car clean. He also coated the wheels and windshield -- something other detailers don't include. In addition, he applied XPEL to the screen and center console and coated over it!

I did get quotes from other detailers (Greg, Lee, etc), however, in my opinion the product (gtechniq) John uses is higher quality than Opticoat Pro or CQuartz. gtechniq is the product everyone is getting in the Model 3 SoCal group-buy thread and they are raving about it. In my opinion, the gtechniq stuff really has a deep gloss to it and is longer lasting than CQuartz.

Initially I was apprehensive because no one around this forum had worked with him but, after looking at John's gallery online, its pretty clear that he's a known expert in car circles. If someone can trust him with a Range Rover SVR ($115K+), Lamborghini Murciélago, and a McLaren MP4-12C, I figure he can handle a Model 3. He even had the correct (extended) quickjack needed to lift a Tesla and the finished product turned out great. He has another Model 3 coming in the next week for a full wrap as well.

South Jersey Automotive Coatings | The Finest In Paint Protection

39602792_1920425001593916_4702572177860329472_n.jpg

I got pricing from all of those other installers as well and he's in the same range. In general most of these products have MSRPs, so pricing will be very similar (+/- 10%) across the board. However, given John's skill set and the extras he includes, it really was a great value. In addition to the base coating, John also adds 2 coats of gtechniq exo on top of the ceramic. When I picked up the car, he spent a significant amount of time going over how to care for the ceramic and wash the car. I suggest emailing him directly for exact pricing because he has multiple manufacturer backed warranty options (5 year, 9 year, etc) too.

• Disagree
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Ahh, so you are the famous G, John is putting a full Xpel Stealth wrap on my car after delivery was delayed for 2 weeks. I was away on vacation when it was finally ready and he went totally above and beyond and volunteered to pick the car up from the delivery center for me. Can't wait to see the final product and finally drive the car.

Just found this thread. Looking for ceramic coating in South Jersey for my Model 3. I sent them a Facebook Messenger request for a quote for the same services you got @gzzn, though I didn't mention you or this thread. I just mentioned the services you did. Do you have any other pictures from after the car is coated. Also, what special cleaning/maintenance is necessary with the coating John applied.

I also went to John's at South Jersey Automotive Coatings. I had the Front ppf done with the ceramic coating BC-04 to the whole body. It took about 4-5 days to complete. If i recall, I picked it up on a Monday. Went over the car when it was finished, and told me to come back when the air bubbles with liquid in the pff evaporates then he will use a hypodermic needle to take the bubble out. He gave me this spray so when I wash the car, and rinse to spray it on there then wipe it off. So far, I'm impressed with the work and I still need to text him back for the bubble but I have been too busy.

Another word of support for John at South Jersey Automotive Coatings. "Phenomenal" wouldn't begin to describe how great John is. He's incredibly professional, honest, trustworthy, knowledgeable, talented, and keeps you informed. John treats your car as if it's his own. He gives the utmost care to it, has a keen eye for detail, and does amazing work. I trust John completely with his advice on auto coatings and would take our next car to him without hesitation. The work he did on our Model 3 was extraordinary.