Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No AM radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S has an AM receiver, but I honestly don't use it much. The motor interference is pretty bad unless you're really close (within 10 miles) to the broadcast antenna. It' works pretty well while parked though. But as others have said, most stations are available as streaming services or the same programs that are on your local AM station are available of a different station as a streaming service.

I like listening to old radio stories, so was missing my Sirius/XM radio for a few months, and then I discovered several streaming stations that are nothing but old radio stories, so I'm happy without Sirius/XM now. It's one less bill each month.

I think other 2019 EVs have AM radio...like the Leaf, Bolt, Kona, Niro, iPace and Etron.
I can't speak to all on the list off the top of my head but I can tell you that my '13 Leaf and my '19 Bolt have AM radios and they work fine.

edit: Confirmed Niro EV (per 2019 Kia Niro EV Features & Options and 2020 Kia Niro EV Features & Options), Kona Electric (per 2020 Hyundai KONA Electric - Features & Specs | Hyundai), iPace (per Build your ALL-ELECTRIC JAGUAR I-PACE) have AM radios.

Last edited:
I bought my m3 in September 2018. I have no plans to get rid of it, I love it. The first year I spent a lot of time on these forums. Great information I really appreciate. Back then, I never found anyone who didn't say that the infotainment wasn't the best thing since sliced bread.

Love the car, but the infotainment system sucks. I have manually tuned in several AM stations, but they tend to drop in and out.