Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio turns on at startup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some info in another thread might help:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can turn the radio on/off using the left steering wheel button or the stop/play buttons on the small card display. The problem isn't turning the radio on/off.
To clarify my question, after parking the car I turn off the radio. The next time I get in the car and press the brake pedal, the radio starts playing (often but not every time). I've always had the audio small card displayed. Is it possible that if this card is displayed when the car is turned on then the audio immediately begins to play?

Upvote 0
I can turn the radio on/off using the left steering wheel button or the stop/play buttons on the small card display. The problem isn't turning the radio on/off.
To clarify my question, after parking the car I turn off the radio. The next time I get in the car and press the brake pedal, the radio starts playing (often but not every time). I've always had the audio small card displayed. Is it possible that if this card is displayed when the car is turned on then the audio immediately begins to play?
Are you sure? When I mute the radio with the left wheel it stays muted next time I start the car.

Upvote 0
Part of the problem is the OP is thinking that they are turning the media "off" when in fact it never turns off, it just mutes.

Are you sure? When I mute the radio with the left wheel it stays muted next time I start the car.

This could have something to do with profiles, for the OP (or anyone else trying to figure out why something like this doesnt stick. . If (for example) the OP has easy entry on, on their profile, its possible that the media on that profile isnt muted.

This might be doubly hard to track down if there are a couple of drivers and one uses easy entry and one doesnt, or something like that (or they are sharing a tesla profile or something).

Anyway, the media isnt being "turned off" by the OP its being muted. I havent seen any way to actually turn it off, as there is no "AUX" setting for this car that engages radio, etc. Its either on or off.

Upvote 0