Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Auto present of door handles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No auto present of door handles with key fob when approaching car, must physically press button to unlock. Once in the car dash screen shows "key not detected, press fob or use app". This happens with either key fob and both have new batteries measuring 3V on multimeter. Tried soft and hard reset with both keys separately and together. Also tried power off reset from touchscreen.
Since it happened with both keys i would suspect it is the sensor module in the car either needing a reset or replacement. Car had tailgate cinch motor replaced at last service and that was when this started, which may be related.
IS it worth trying disconnecting the 12V battery or does a touch screen power off reset do the same thing?

I had the same problem, first they said it was a module, but they ended up keeping the car for almost a week and replacing the drivers door wiring harness to fix the issue. It works now, but whatever they did killed the range. Used to auto present handles when i was like 6-10 feet away, now I almost have stand there and wait for my handles to come out.

Mine has been messed up since 2 sw updates ago. Right front door pops open if I open LR. Head lights stay on 30 minutes after exit.
USB gone from music screen. Got orange warning bar on KW screen twice when I floored it.
I taught computer science for 6 yrs. If my students had produced junk sw like this they would get a F. I wonder how they test updates???
These software updates are killing my antique.

Reactions: InternetDude