Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Climate from App below 20% even while plugged in?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time I’ve tried it and got shot down. Car was at 19% and I was going to run out for a Starbucks. Tried to set the climate cause it’s pretty cold and got a no can do because the soc was too low. Even though the car was plugged in. It’s set to charge up at midnight. What would be the thought behind limiting wall power use in this case?

First time I’ve tried it and got shot down. Car was at 19% and I was going to run out for a Starbucks. Tried to set the climate cause it’s pretty cold and got a no can do because the soc was too low. Even though the car was plugged in. It’s set to charge up at midnight. What would be the thought behind limiting wall power use in this case?

I'm guessing charger fails or is too weak and battery dies but don't know how that is different at higher soc... Basically that rule applies regardless of whether you are plugged in.

Edit: probably simpler to always have the same rule otherwise end up with weird corner cases. Like you leave dog in car with climate on and then charger fails and climate goes off cause you are below 20% or should climate keep going and the your battery is dead. Probably simpler to always shut off climate at or below 20%.

Last edited: