Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a situation happen a few days ago, and I'm looking for suggestions as to what I might have done differently. I was in Yosemite National Park and staying in Yosemite Valley. Navigation was working perfectly with no problems. I used it one evening to navigate to an incredible lookout point called Taft Point about an hour from where we were staying. We stayed there almost until sundown and hiked out to the car. I started to drive and pressed the button to say navigate back to our lodging, but it immediately said, "No connectivity." I made the assumption it was due to our location, and because I knew what direction to go and because I wouldn't need to make any turns, figured it would come back by itself. It didn't despite multiple attempts at points along the way. However, each sign at a turn always indicated the direction to the Valley and then to the lodge so we got back without incident. Curiously, as soon as I parked, connectivity was restored by itself. The next day, today, it continued to work and we navigated out and home.

Any idea what went wrong and what to do? I know I could have stopped and tried either reboot method, but didn't since I had no problem getting back to the lodge. Would that have worked? Any other thoughts?