Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the must recent update, I am getting lots of "No Connectivity" problems. When I get in car at my house, never any problems. Then when I drive to the store and get back into the car, I get a No connectivity message almost every time. It then always ends up connecting in about 2.5 minutes. Very annoying bug, and I am pretty sure it is a firmware issue, since it seems to happen so predictably. I have done both a touchscreen reset, and the full vehicle reset, and neither have solved the issue. Have an appointment at the Service Center in about 3 weeks, but tired of dealing with this. Really hope one of the experts here can help me solve this :cool:. I am driving a 2017 Model S.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Scott
no connect.png

My 2020 does this all the time until it connects to the AT&T cellular network Tesla uses. You may have a 3G cellular connection in your car. 3G is now being turned off by AT&T. Perhaps the tower closest to you has had 3G turned off so you must drive to get near another 3G tower. You can check to see if you have a 4G or 3G Tesla in the additional information screen under Software. If you have only a 3G connection on your car, Tesla offers a reasonably priced upgrade.

My 2020 does this all the time until it connects to the AT&T cellular network Tesla uses. You may have a 3G cellular connection in your car. 3G is now being turned off by AT&T. Perhaps the tower closest to you has had 3G turned off so you must drive to get near another 3G tower. You can check to see if you have a 4G or 3G Tesla in the additional information screen under Software. If you have only a 3G connection on your car, Tesla offers a reasonably priced upgrade.
Good information. I just checked and it says my modem is 2G/3G/4G compatible. You think it is still possible that I would have these problems even with haging a 4G compatible modem? I’m in Atlanta in very populated area…..I have been able to provide Tesla with dates/times when it is works and when I have problems, so hopefully they can debug this.

Mine is 4G, and it always takes a few minutes to connect. It may be a temporary tower issue with the tower near you. I always figured this was normal. Maybe not.... With a 4G capable modem, what I was saying is likely not the issue.

Last edited:
After the must recent update, I am getting lots of "No Connectivity" problems. When I get in car at my house, never any problems. Then when I drive to the store and get back into the car, I get a No connectivity message almost every time. It then always ends up connecting in about 2.5 minutes. Very annoying bug, and I am pretty sure it is a firmware issue, since it seems to happen so predictably. I have done both a touchscreen reset, and the full vehicle reset, and neither have solved the issue. Have an appointment at the Service Center in about 3 weeks, but tired of dealing with this. Really hope one of the experts here can help me solve this :cool:. I am driving a 2017 Model S.

ScottView attachment 772253
Totally annoying. I’m experiencing the same behavior after update. Fine upon leaving home but dead for two minutes leaving work. Never a problem before. Let me know if u get resolution.

Stefan

Yep, I have had the exact same issue for the past 6 months or so. I did mention when i was in getting a service and they didn’t see a problem and it hasn’t been fixed. I just canceled premium connectivity because there is no point paying when most of the time I don’t have connectivity!! I will say I have an AT&T cell phone and I always get 4-5 bars service when my car gets no bars.

ScottView attachment 772253
Same here in Venice Florida. How to we fox this or is it a network issue. Someone said it’s because AT&T turned off 3G ?? We are paying for connectivity.