Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more auto following/turning headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X used to have a feature where if you turn the signal light on, or start to turn in one direction, a light would illuminate on the side in the direction of the turn. I don't have this on my new MX. Did they remove this when the switched to the matrix lights?

• Informative
Reactions: SSAYET
Just wanted to post the excerpt from the manual on this. I don’t know either way.

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)​

If equipped, the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) automatically adjusts the beam of the headlights to improve your driving view. Electric sensors measure driving speed, steering angle and yaw (the rotation of the car around the vertical axis) to determine the optimum position of the headlights based on current driving conditions. For example, to improve visibility while driving on winding roads at night, the AFS casts the beam in the direction of the curve. When low beam headlights are turned on and when driving at lower speeds, AFS improves lateral illumination to increase the visibility of pedestrians and curbs, and to improve visibility when turning at a dark intersection, into a driveway, or when making a u-turn.

The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) operates whenever headlights are on. If Model X isn't moving, or is moving in reverse, the adaptive headlights do not activate. This prevents the headlights from inadvertently blinding other drivers.

Just wanted to post the excerpt from the manual on this. I don’t know either way.

Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)​

If equipped, the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) automatically adjusts the beam of the headlights to improve your driving view. Electric sensors measure driving speed, steering angle and yaw (the rotation of the car around the vertical axis) to determine the optimum position of the headlights based on current driving conditions. For example, to improve visibility while driving on winding roads at night, the AFS casts the beam in the direction of the curve. When low beam headlights are turned on and when driving at lower speeds, AFS improves lateral illumination to increase the visibility of pedestrians and curbs, and to improve visibility when turning at a dark intersection, into a driveway, or when making a u-turn.

The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) operates whenever headlights are on. If Model X isn't moving, or is moving in reverse, the adaptive headlights do not activate. This prevents the headlights from inadvertently blinding other drivers.
"If equipped"

Are any of the refresh X's equipped with this? I don't see it on ours. They're good lights but they definitely don't swivel like our previous cars.