Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No network connectivity - Melbourne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, this morning my M3 hasn’t been able to connect to the internet while driving so I can’t use music streaming etc, and my Tesla App says the car hasn’t been seen for 18 hours. Is anyone else experiencing any connectivity issues in Melbourne? I’ll raise a ticket with Tesla.

Hey all, this morning my M3 hasn’t been able to connect to the internet while driving so I can’t use music streaming etc, and my Tesla App says the car hasn’t been seen for 18 hours. Is anyone else experiencing any connectivity issues in Melbourne? I’ll raise a ticket with Tesla.
Have you tried a two button reset? This should restart the on board computer and it cellular modem which may have 'crashed'.

Yeah I tried that this morning and no luck. I raised a ticket with Tesla and they just gave me a call to say the car also appears offline to them so something isn’t quite right. They’re going to continue to run diagnostics but it might need someone to come out and take a look.

Reactions: RichardV
Just an update on this in case anyone else experiences anything similar. The car won’t connect to wifi or Bluetooth either. I have a feeling there’s a component / module that’s not working correctly. Tesla have booked a mobile service tech to come to my house and take a look.

Update for anyone who may experience the issue. The mobile service tech had to disconnect the 12v battery and fully power down the vehicle. When it came back I like the wifi and Bluetooth were functioning again.

He said there’s a bug with the software that’s impacting some new vehicles. They’re shipped with an older software version that doesn’t contain all features and the cars are partitioned so sometimes even after downloading a later version, if the same software version isn’t on both partitions then the car may flick over to an older version which is missing the required features.

He said he’ll send me an update file later today which will install in both spots and stop the issue reoccurring.

Update for anyone who may experience the issue. The mobile service tech had to disconnect the 12v battery and fully power down the vehicle. When it came back I like the wifi and Bluetooth were functioning again.

He said there’s a bug with the software that’s impacting some new vehicles. They’re shipped with an older software version that doesn’t contain all features and the cars are partitioned so sometimes even after downloading a later version, if the same software version isn’t on both partitions then the car may flick over to an older version which is missing the required features.

He said he’ll send me an update file later today which will install in both spots and stop the issue reoccurring.
Very interesting, thanks for the updates.
There was a version of the software I had for a while where the 4g was flakey and I had to manually keep trying to connect to wifi. Eventually, and it may have just been coincidence m, but I hot spotted the car to my phone and almost straight away got a software update which also fixed my connectivity issue.
It’s been rock solid since.

Really good service from Tesla too by the sounds of it!