Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app for Android, not connecting to the Internet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep getting that the Tesla App will not update and it is not connected to the Internet on my Pixel 8 Android Phone.

Intermittent it comes and goes, but difficult to get it connected back to internet with android wifi.

I am connecting via my very strong wifi network, no connection issues with any other devices.

If I disconnect wifi and use 5G mobile network app connects no issue.

Also I am getting messages from Tesla that:

We recently lost contact with your solar system. Without that, we can’t share your solar production and efficiency with you or alert you if something is wrong.

Why is this happening?

Comments?

Sounds like some part of your network setup or perhaps your internet service provider might be interfering with access to Tesla's backends. Some things you might try to narrow down the problem:

1) Restart your network equipment: wifi access point, router, and modem.
2) If you have a different mobile device, try the app there (to eliminate an issue with the specific Android device).
3) If you have the option, connect your Tesla device using an ethernet cable instead of wifi. If that works, it indicates it's an issue with wifi.
4) When you see the error in the app, try to connect to https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/status in your web browser. It should just show "ok". If it doesn't load, but other websites load fine, it indicates some connectivity issue specifically to Tesla.