Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify not connecting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to logout and log back into Spotify probably 80% of the time I get in the car. I can use the Spotify app to browse through my library and find latest episodes, but no matter what I select to play, it just keeps playing the audio from whatever it was playing before (even if it displays the metadata from the content I just selected). Only way to fix it is to log out and log back in, either directly or through Tesla hard reboot.

Of course, for most drives it takes more time to reboot than it takes to drive, so I just drive on in silence. What's most frustrating is that it worked for years and then an update came along and killed it. Is this a Tesla problem or a Spotify problem?

Upvote 0
I have to logout and log back into Spotify probably 80% of the time I get in the car. I can use the Spotify app to browse through my library and find latest episodes, but no matter what I select to play, it just keeps playing the audio from whatever it was playing before (even if it displays the metadata from the content I just selected). Only way to fix it is to log out and log back in, either directly or through Tesla hard reboot.

Of course, for most drives it takes more time to reboot than it takes to drive, so I just drive on in silence. What's most frustrating is that it worked for years and then an update came along and killed it. Is this a Tesla problem or a Spotify problem?
I’ve read some complaints about that lately, seems to be a problem with the latest update. Did you create a service request? Sometimes a remote diagnosis reveals errors, you wouldn’t be able to fix yourself. And even if not, it creates awareness on the side of Tesla, that multiple users experience the same problems.

Reactions: Goose66
Upvote 0