Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No show service appt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

richn

mylr5|white|black int|19|tow|OD5/25|rocklin ca
May 28, 2021
Roseville, ca
So I have a service appointment to install my homelink in my 2 week old 2021 mylr. The appointment time was 8am to noon and they are supposed to text (call?) 15 min before they arrive. It’s 11:50 - no word, no show. Car was parked in driveway at 7:20am per instructions. I tried the text option on the service appt - no reply. What do I do now? Why the no show and no contact? Anyone else have the same issue?

So I have a service appointment to install my homelink in my 2 week old 2021 mylr. The appointment time was 8am to noon and they are supposed to text (call?) 15 min before they arrive. It’s 11:50 - no word, no show. Car was parked in driveway at 7:20am per instructions. I tried the text option on the service appt - no reply. What do I do now? Why the no show and no contact? Anyone else have the same issue?

Did it state that they were close or arrived? I would try calling the number on the top of the invoice for that service center to see if someone can help you and track down the technician that was dispatched.

Did you see if they already did the work since it was parked outside?

a follow up. They did call after the window (10 min or so), the tech who came turns out is one of the leads in the local SC and was covering for a tech who was out for the week. He and I chatted about how much he enjoys his position compared to being a service tech for an ICE dealership. He commented that he almost never has to get "all greased up", its much more about the tech and dealing with people. He said it's much more common to be in the field and meet mostly happy customers who enjoy the tech of their cars adn he enjoys sharing that connection. In the end, everything worked out, he showed me his laptop screen as he was updating the car to add the homelink updates. It was cool. My initial reason for the post was to ask how to contact tesla had there been a real "no show" - got cought up in the tech discussions and forgot to ask "how" or "who" to contact in that case. Good to know at least the tech I met was really into the cars and was happy to share - that was cool.