Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No wonder used Teslas cost more than new!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd guess March or April. A little playing with the configurator shows that the Gemini wheels are what bump the EDD from April to July. I'd be hopeful that would get resolved somewhere along the way. Also, I'd expect there to be some meaningful number of vehicles coming out of TX during Q2 that's probably not included in current EDD projections.

I keep saying its good that you get your order in now and are in line because if that Reconciliation Bill passes, whether it lifts the 200k vehicle limit or not for EV tax credits, all those buyers who have been patiently waiting will be placing orders at the same time pushing estimated deliveries out who knows how far.

Reactions: Hookemhorns
I'd guess March or April. A little playing with the configurator shows that the Gemini wheels are what bump the EDD from April to July. I'd be hopeful that would get resolved somewhere along the way. Also, I'd expect there to be some meaningful number of vehicles coming out of TX during Q2 that's probably not included in current EDD projections.
Yea, I think a lot of people are getting them for snow tires as well

I don’t think it’s the wheels. I ordered yesterday with Gemini wheels and once you add on other options- I added on the hitch and 3rd row, which raise the price, the estimate goes back to April. I think they’re prioritizing the more expensive orders first.

You can also get an April estimated delivery with the Geminis if you add the white interior. It seems like others mentioned that Tesla is trying to get people to pick a few options to increase the price. Base no option Y's are the ones being pushed to July.

I ordered the car with no options except the trailer hitch. and today my account says March delivery! I already own an MS, wonder if that helped? If I go configure the base model with hitch online it still will say July.

Sure would like to pick it up in Austin at the factory, but I suspect that isn’t going to happen.

As for the used car prices, a local rural used car lot has a Model 3 they’re asking $5500 over current new price for a 2020 with 8000 miles on it, and $9500 over list for a 2021 with 4000 miles. Nuts.

I ordered a Model Y Tuesday, white with black interior, 7 seater and Gemini wheels. I got a March 17 - April 14 delivery date as well. I also have a Model S, so maybe there's some sort of loyalty bump in the line?