Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noise when moving in reverse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MS LR few days ago. One thing I noticed is that there is a loud noise when moving the car in reverse. It is definitely not as quiet as moving forward. My 2015 MS and 2018 MX don't have this noise. I am wondering whether this is by design or this is the issue my car has.

Thank you.

I got my MS LR few days ago. One thing I noticed is that there is a loud noise when moving the car in reverse. It is definitely not as quiet as moving forward. My 2015 MS and 2018 MX don't have this noise. I am wondering whether this is by design or this is the issue my car has.

Thank you.

One of the perks for EV is noiseless both forward and reverse. I've owned 3 different kinds of Tesla cars, 2012 to 2018 models, and that has been true.

Is it possible that newer Tesla now adds special effects at low speed, and in your case reverse?

One of the perks for EV is noiseless both forward and reverse. I've owned 3 different kinds of Tesla cars, 2012 to 2018 models, and that has been true.

Is it possible that newer Tesla now adds special effects at low speed, and in your case reverse?
It is possible this is the special effects Tesla adds when moving the car in reverse. That's why I would like to check whether other cars are the same.

It is likely the pedestrian warning system that is now required on all electric vehicles. My Model 3 has it while my Model S that was built only a few months earlier does not. The default forward sound is much more subtle while the reverse sound is very much a space ship noise that changes pitch with your speed. The speaker should be near the passenger side front wheel.

Congrats on your car!

It is likely the pedestrian warning system that is now required on all electric vehicles. My Model 3 has it while my Model S that was built only a few months earlier does not. The default forward sound is much more subtle while the reverse sound is very much a space ship noise that changes pitch with your speed. The speaker should be near the passenger side front wheel.

Congrats on your car!
Thank you. Love my new car. :)