TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Noisy Visors

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Turtleboy1969, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Turtleboy1969

Turtleboy1969 New Member

Does anyone know of any tricks to dampen the rattle noise made by the magnets in the visors?

2. ImperialG

ImperialG Member

I am also looking for this fix. That rattling noise is SO annoying.

3. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

I just had the passenger side visor park position fixed for a rattle. The magnet on the A-pillar was the source of the noise. The problem was inside the A-pillar. The work order wasn’t too explicit about how the SC did it.

4. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

I don’t have any such noise, but I did get a call this week from the local SC telling me that they’d like to install “upgraded” visors in my X. I wonder if it’s related to this rattle?

5. Xenius

Xenius Active Member

Could be that and/or visors with LED lighting on the sides of the mirrors, like the model 3 and newer production S and X vehicles.

6. Padelford

Padelford Supporting Member

The SC was going to order parts, probably new visors (which would have taken at least two days). The techs figured out how to fix the problem without new parts & I got my car back same-day.