Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Tesla 14-50 adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now Tesla isn't including the adapter, can anyone tell me what I need to buy from another source (e.g. Amazon)? I've ordered the adapter from Tesla online, but it seems like it'll take a wee while to arrive and I'm not a patient human being...

I'm struggling to find something that will plug into my 14-50 outlet in my garage that the Tesla connector will plug into.

Ian

It’s a proprietary connector, so not really and 3rd party options. The only other company that I’ve seen make these is evseadapters.com, but they convert them into adapters that Tesla doesn’t make (like the TT-30 plug).

Order 100 from Tesla and scalp them when the Tesla store runs out. :)

Well I need to order 2 at least because I know I'm going to lose these things.

It's a bit irritating that they don't even sell them at the deliver centers. They want me to buy a wall charger. Make a sentence out of these two words "that, and f*&k"...:) . Especially since the sales person at the showroom told me not to bother with the wall charger for the Model 3, and instead recommended that I just put in a 14-50 outlet in the Garage (which I did last weekend) and get the adapter.

Ian

Well I need to order 2 at least because I know I'm going to lose these things.
They are not really that small. ;)
It's a bit irritating that they don't even sell them at the deliver centers.
Experiences with the service centers vary widely. A friend of mine actually was able to purchase a 14-50 adapter at the Santa Clara service center. I guess it depends on who you talk to and whether they have any in stock.