Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal for Confirmed Delivery to Keep Changing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time Tesla owner and wanted to see if this was normal. On 2/22/21, I ordered a SR Y, "off menu," and was matched with a vehicle that evening. Filled out all my paperwork that same evening, got my financing squared away, and obtained a March 1 pickup.

On Thursday, Feb. 26th, at around 11:00 a.m., received a call to see if I could move my pickup to Sunday, February 28th, which I declined, as we were unavailable. Around 5:00 p.m. that same day, I received a voicemail from that same gentleman who advised he went ahead and scheduled to have the vehicle delivered to my home on Sunday the 28th. I didn't have an issue with that, as a home delivery would be far more convenient than picking up at the delivery center (Costa Mesa, California), and we didn’t have to be home for the car to be delivered.

At around 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 27th, I received an automated call asking me to confirm my delivery time, which I confirmed. However, about 2 hours later, I received a call from a woman to advise me my car was not at their delivery center, such that we'd have to move the delivery again, this time to Tuesday, March 2nd (even though the car was located at Buena Park, approximately 20 miles away).

The repeated changes in delivery aren't a big deal, particularly since the car is being delivered to our house (and since I'm working from home), but wanted to see if this is a normal occurrence for deliveries/pickups.

Thanks for any input or insight!