Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North GA Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any recent discussion about the possibility of new supercharger locations in north Georgia? Right now there is nothing between north Atlanta and mid TN/SC/NC with the exception of Chattanooga which is very northwest of the area. There is a lot of traffic between Atlanta and the mountain rentals all through the area. Places like Blue Ridge, Dahlonega, Helen, Gainsville would be good candidates.

Helen has a Semaconnect L2 that was recently replaced with a working unit. Someone here posted that there might be CCS units coming to the area soon as well.

I agree, though, in general. I hope the next big focus of Tesla is some of the more common places outside of interstates.

Upvote 0
Helen has a Semaconnect L2 that was recently replaced with a working unit. Someone here posted that there might be CCS units coming to the area soon as well.

I agree, though, in general. I hope the next big focus of Tesla is some of the more common places outside of interstates.

Well, supposedly they want to know where to put them, so you can Tweet.

In general, the hole-filling has been in California and the East Coast, as well as some activity around the Austin area.
The increased coverage of some of the US Highways in the Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic has been noticeable.

There's still plenty of Interstate gaps to fill as well. They're currently adding 200 to 250 locations per year, and they have 80 gaps of 100 miles or more,and probably 112 to 125 of 75 miles to 100 miles, all while also needing to add capacity in some major urban markets. For resiliency and convenience you want gaps down to 50 miles or less.

Upvote 0
Has there been any recent discussion about the possibility of new supercharger locations in north Georgia? Right now there is nothing between north Atlanta and mid TN/SC/NC with the exception of Chattanooga which is very northwest of the area. There is a lot of traffic between Atlanta and the mountain rentals all through the area. Places like Blue Ridge, Dahlonega, Helen, Gainsville would be good candidates.

My brother has a place on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee and I can't get there with my Model Y. There's nothing between Atlanta and Hiawassee except in Alpharetta and that won't really help me get home. I even bought a CCS adapter thinking I'd open that network but all I see is one in Cleveland but I don't want to risk getting to that one charger and find it out or a line of cars waiting. I'm really surprised businesses along the way haven't jumped on this. I mean, EA usually partners with Wal Mart and there are at least two on the way up through Cleveland and Blairsville.

Upvote 0