Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North NJ PPF / Coat options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

aevgeny

Aug 11, 2018
NJ
Hello all, this is my first post.

Here's my situation:
  • I'm in northern NJ (3-4 months of snow and salt annually)
  • A week ago, I finally ordered a blue P3D
  • I usually keep a car for about four years and drive ~10k miles a year mostly on the weekends
  • I do a lot of mountain biking, which means driving on less-than-perfect, gravel, roads
  • I am not going to hand wash the car, because... I am lazy :) (but there are waterless washes nearby)

Can you guys recommend what is the minimum I should get in terms of paint protection/coating/tint (?) ?
I am totally new to all of this and I've never before did anything to protect the paint on my cars.

Thanks a lot!

I'm picking up my P3D from cherry hill aug 21st. I leased an 85D for the last 3 tears and loved it but because i leased i never really thought about wrapping. I definitely want to wrap the 3 since i didn't lease. Could anyone recommend reputable outfit to wrap ? i got one estimate from southampton outfit for 6900... seems a bit high.

I'm picking up my P3D from cherry hill aug 21st. I leased an 85D for the last 3 tears and loved it but because i leased i never really thought about wrapping. I definitely want to wrap the 3 since i didn't lease. Could anyone recommend reputable outfit to wrap ? i got one estimate from southampton outfit for 6900... seems a bit high.

Another vote for Greg at Signature Detailing...

See my previous review here: Northern New Jersey Tint and Paint Protection Reccomendation

I didn’t see your message until now, so I’m here with a late reply: strong recommendation for Signature Detailing (Greg). They have done my son’s car AND mine (both M3s) and the results have been excellent. I know that they are a favorite with lots of Tesla owners in NNJ.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
TESS IS BACK AND EVEN BETTER AND BADASS THAN BEFORE!!!
Firstly a Full Nose PPF using Suntek Film
- Front bumper, hood, fenders & mirrors
Wrapped Tess in 3M Matte Deep Black
Tinted front windows 35% with 3M
Tinted rear windows 20% with 3M
Tinted the rear partially (I will be getting the full back window wrapped (Seamed))
Chrome delete same 3M Matte Deep Black
Wrapped the center console in matte black (Abstract Ocean)
I have been really busy so did not get a chance to take good pictures. I have a few and am posting them here.
Let me know what you think!

Big shout out to DJ and his team at ILLMATIC WRAPS
They are the cheapest around North NJ and their work speaks for itself
Do check them out if you need any of the above done...
DJ mentioned that if you quote "Ravi Tesla M3" he'd work out a price for you!!!

All the best!
Tess 1.jpeg
Tess 1.jpeg
Tess 2.jpeg
Tess 2.jpeg
Tess 3.jpeg
Tess 4.jpeg

Tinted the rear partially (I will be getting the full back window wrapped (Seamed))
I have been really busy so did not get a chance to take good pictures. I have a few and am posting them here.

All the best!
View attachment 327989 View attachment 327989 View attachment 327990 View attachment 327990 View attachment 327991 View attachment 327992

Looks nice. Is your car registered in NJ ? Did you have any trouble with cops because of tinting ?

Reactions: NJturtlePower
Hello all, this is my first post.

Here's my situation:
  • I'm in northern NJ (3-4 months of snow and salt annually)
  • A week ago, I finally ordered a blue P3D
  • I usually keep a car for about four years and drive ~10k miles a year mostly on the weekends
  • I do a lot of mountain biking, which means driving on less-than-perfect, gravel, roads
  • I am not going to hand wash the car, because... I am lazy :) (but there are waterless washes nearby)

Can you guys recommend what is the minimum I should get in terms of paint protection/coating/tint (?) ?
I am totally new to all of this and I've never before did anything to protect the paint on my cars.

Thanks a lot!
Waterless washes near by? Where

All the best!
View attachment 327989 View attachment 327989 View attachment 327990 View attachment 327990 View attachment 327991 View attachment 327992
Do you know what was the cost for the chrome delete.

I'm another VERY satisfied customer of Greg's from Signature Detailing. I was in the same boat as all of you were - not sure where to go, came to the forums, took a chance on Greg giving all the glowing reviews, and in the end, realized he was exactly the perfect customer service oriented (very responsive) detailer that was perfect for the job.

Don't hesitate and his prices are the most fair. PM me if you have any questions - I'm happy to pay it forward.

Take a look at my car outside his shop

Attachments

• 1300500.jpg
    1300500.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 1300507.jpg
    1300507.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 1300509.jpg
    1300509.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Love