Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not getting 255 miles as Tesla states

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP, not getting your rated range displayed appears to be considered normal. I’ve never had full 310 shown and the car has steadily showed less range (it only has 2000 miles on it but I’m close to only getting 300 now). I thought that was rather a fast drop and took the car in. Tesla said they considered this normal and the decline in range slows down after a year. I think people quote a 5% drop in the first year then 1-2% drops per year after that. Considering how many miles per charge we get with EVs is so focused upon, I wish this was made more widely known. If I was really relying on my range, a 10 mile drop could have been a big deal when I was deciding on purchasing the car.

Last edited:
Some moron actually disagreed with my post LOL

Kim (from the Like Tesla YouTube channel) recommended running the battery down a bit and back up to recalibrate the battery (after she had been consistently charging to around 80%). I haven’t heard that this idea is invalid, though it did not seem to work for me.