Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Not so) Premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i pay the (equivalent to $15 a ,month) fee for the so called premium connecitivity.

First time abroad, and i suddenly get "Daily data limit reached"

What i did was park at a free charger at the hotel we were staying at.

There were only one rule....Charge for free for 4 hours, but after talking to the guy at the reception it was more or like "Charge for 4 hours, and then you need to move your car if someone else wants to charge"

They had 2 spots so i used the sentry camera to see if someone was in the other spot (Logic being, as long as no one was using the other spot, i did not need to move the car)

I looked at the camera maybe 10 times over the course of the day, and suddenly i got that message.

So it seems that "Premium connectivity" does not mean i can use the sentry mode camera's like this.

I was still able to control charge limit and so on after this...(Had the car charging to 90% and then 1 hour before we had to leave i changed it to 100% to have the car go to 100% for departure).

Still quite puzzled why infrequent use abroad like that, was THAT limited.

Reactions: DrivenRay
This isn't really a traveling-abroad issue. In the manual, the daily sentry-mode Live View limit is documented:

1687787573795.png

This isn't really a traveling-abroad issue. In the manual, the daily sentry-mode Live View limit is documented:

View attachment 950922
This just feels very odd, i can get a dataplan with lots and lots of gigabytes of monthly data, for the same price, and this is just me, buying one subscription.

I would imagine Tesla would be able to get even more when they buy MANY subscriptions.

So i would conclude that the "Premium" label is more of a label to describe the price they want me to pay, rather than the actual service they deliver :)

• Love
Reactions: DrivenRay