TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

nov 25 GQ-UK interview

Discussion in 'News' started by TSLAopt, Nov 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. 30seconds

    30seconds Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2013
    Messages:
    1,820
    Location:
    SF
    wow - 70% are ordered with dual motors
     
  2. gjunky

    gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2012
    Messages:
    1,165
    Location:
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I think this was meant as a good portion of the Model S orders and all of the Model X orders. Still, a big number.
     
  3. Robert.Boston

    Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2011
    Messages:
    7,843
    Location:
    Portland, Maine, USA
    Did you see that hedge on deliveries? "32-33,000" instead of the "33,000" guided in the most recent earnings call. Hmm.
     
  4. ckessel

    ckessel Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2011
    Messages:
    4,302
    Meh, that's just noise in the signal. I'd only be concerned if Tesla reduced their production guidance. I don't really care if they're unsure whether some boat full of cars will reach its destination in time for a Q4 delivery.
     
  5. Benz

    Benz Active Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1,907
    Location:
    Netherlands
    #6 Benz, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    I think that he meant that since the unveiling of the Dual Motor All Wheel Drive, 70% of all the new orders for the Tesla Model S are for a 85D or a P85D. Meaning that the other 30% of all the new orders for the Tesla Model S are for a standard S60 or a standard S85 (withouth the Dual Motor All Wheel Drive).
     
  6. Grendal

    Grendal SpaceX Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2012
    Messages:
    4,215
    Location:
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    I agree. I'll bet the final number for the year has more to do with logistics than production.
     
  7. MSEV

    MSEV Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2014
    Messages:
    459
    Location:
    Nebraska
    I, for example, affected those numbers as I lowered the orders for Model S 85 (due in December, and not taking it) and increased the 85D orders (due early March) by switching. I think a number of folks did that. And it was nice to get the D for $4000 at the time, which is now $5000.
     

Share This Page

  • About Us

    Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.
  • Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


    SUPPORT TMC