TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

nov 25 GQ-UK interview

Discussion in 'News' started by TSLAopt, Nov 25, 2014.

1. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

wow - 70% are ordered with dual motors

2. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I think this was meant as a good portion of the Model S orders and all of the Model X orders. Still, a big number.

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Did you see that hedge on deliveries? "32-33,000" instead of the "33,000" guided in the most recent earnings call. Hmm.

4. ckessel

ckessel Active Member

Meh, that's just noise in the signal. I'd only be concerned if Tesla reduced their production guidance. I don't really care if they're unsure whether some boat full of cars will reach its destination in time for a Q4 delivery.

5. Benz

Benz Active Member

#6 Benz, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    I think that he meant that since the unveiling of the Dual Motor All Wheel Drive, 70% of all the new orders for the Tesla Model S are for a 85D or a P85D. Meaning that the other 30% of all the new orders for the Tesla Model S are for a standard S60 or a standard S85 (withouth the Dual Motor All Wheel Drive).

6. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

I agree. I'll bet the final number for the year has more to do with logistics than production.

7. MSEV

MSEV Member

I, for example, affected those numbers as I lowered the orders for Model S 85 (due in December, and not taking it) and increased the 85D orders (due early March) by switching. I think a number of folks did that. And it was nice to get the D for $4000 at the time, which is now $5000.