Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am from houston too and placed my order on 23rd Oct. Are you saying that we can let the SA know we are ready for the VIN and get one assigned?
Yes.

As far as how fast the VIN gets assigned, I might have been lucky as even my SA was surprised how fast i was assigned a VIN. Apparently they had a Y just recently built matching my config and was getting ready to head to TX as inventory but then I was matched so it will just reroute to houston.

Sent my down payment and finance info and now picking up the 21st

I am from houston too and placed my order on 23rd Oct. Are you saying that we can let the SA know we are ready for the VIN and get one assigned?

I’m in Austin. Ordered 10/21, finished all documents 10/22, and immediately let my SA know I was eager for a VIN ASAP. Called for an update 11/2 and was told I was in line to get a VIN assigned that week, and received one 11/6. So not sure telling your SA you are ready for a VIN will get immediate results if you only recently placed an order. Probably highly dependent on your date of order, order specifics and geographic location. But then again, it can’t hurt to ask. Good luck!