Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rejected my delivery today...MYLR Austin built

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Emav

Jun 9, 2023
Texas
MYLR white, Austin built...Things I noticed:
-Misalignment front right doors and left rear door
-paint chips on front right door
-front fender corner(close to side mirror) pops up quite a lot.
-right headlight not aligned(or sitting in...one side of the headlight pops up a bit).
-trunk & sunroof glass gap is really big even within standard.
the only thing they said they guaranteed to fix is the paint chip. The rest are within standard. they can take it to SC but not guaranteed the technician would fix those.
TBH, if they said they would fix/adjust to make those better I would take it. Rejected it right away and finger cross next one will be better.

Reactions: Ami-Sven
-right headlight not aligned(or sitting in...one side of the headlight pops up a bit).
the only thing they said they guaranteed to fix is the paint chip. The rest are within standard. they can take it to SC but not guaranteed the technician would fix those.
TBH, if they said they would fix/adjust to make those better I would take it. Rejected it right away and finger cross next one will be better.

Please describe the rejection process. I pick new M3 tomorrow.

How long are you keeping “on hold”? I rejected mine (rare HW4 produced in Austin in early May) two days ago too because its passenger seat floor was moving and made unbearable thumping sound. I was told not to remove the hold until a new vin is assigned. But my SA on text told me I can remove hold whenever ready for the next VIN.

How long are you keeping “on hold”? I rejected mine (rare HW4 produced in Austin in early May) two days ago too because its passenger seat floor was moving and made unbearable thumping sound. I was told not to remove the hold until a new vin is assigned. But my SA on text told me I can remove hold whenever ready for the next VIN.
I was told we have 2 weeks, but on app it has 7 days. I removed my "hold" after 48 hours and got assigned the exact same VIN this morning. Called SA to resolve this.

Disappointing that these issues still exist. I put up with them on my 2020 M3LR, but plan to be pretty picky when I pick up my MYLR this weekend. It amazes me that the concept of aligning body panels continues to vex the assembly line teams. Remember the old Lexus ball-bearing commercial and their "relentless pursuit of perfection"? Tesla's motto must be the "relentless pursuit of, 'Eh, close enough!'".

Reactions: MP_in_EG and cdub
Disappointing that these issues still exist. I put up with them on my 2020 M3LR, but plan to be pretty picky when I pick up my MYLR this weekend. It amazes me that the concept of aligning body panels continues to vex the assembly line teams. Remember the old Lexus ball-bearing commercial and their "relentless pursuit of perfection"? Tesla's motto must be the "relentless pursuit of, 'Eh, close enough!'".

Elon your quality is terrible.
You can be as picky as you want but there will always be issues and they will always say it’s in spec. Basically we are forced to buy cars and when I picked up mine, they said don’t worry everything will be addressed as long as you report it under 100 miles I fear once we drove it off the lot it was done. I’ll just have to learn to deal with this even though I’m OCD and this mismatch makes me nuts, but it is ““ in spec.

Tesla will not make adjustments until people scream to the point where they’re losing sales but once they open up the aftermarket chargers for other companies like Ford I think they are going to start losing sales big-time since the charging center is the only real advantage.

Attachments

• IMG_6459.png
    IMG_6459.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6458.png
    IMG_6458.png
    2 MB · Views: 63