Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NSWD - New Steering Wheel Day (replacement)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, good you caught that under warranty. This sort of thing should never happen IMHO. Tesla really has some quality control issues when you learn of stuff like this .
While I totally agree with your point, this had happened to me with other brands, like my Corvette and Volts. Things like this can happen when you donā€™t manufacture every component of the supply chain.
Yeah. Someone at Tesla was in a good mood when this was good willed.
The Canadian support teams, have alway been terrific. Might be a Canuck thing, eh?

While I totally agree with your point, this had happened to me with other brands, like my Corvette and Volts. Things like this can happen when you donā€™t manufacture every component of the supply chain.

The Canadian support teams, have alway been terrific. Might be a Canuck thing, eh?
+1, always got great service in Ottawa, both mobile and in service centre.

Reactions: Thunderbird 2
This happened to me. Notice - the Tesla ranger who came to replace said that they are about to introduce a new steering wheel which prevents the bubbling/blistering issue. It might take up to a year until it comes out so you might want to delay the ā€œin warrantyā€ replacement (I couldnā€™t because mine was in bad shape).

• Informative
Reactions: Soul Surfer