Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Subwoofer vs 4 light harmonic door speakers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another update; I installed the light harmonic front door speakers today. For anyoneconsidering doing this, im sure it's been mentioned before, but it's pretty simple. It only took me about 15mins per door. I dont really hear a difference yet, but i habe read that there's a break-in period, so im hopeful that the sound will improve with time.
Lastly, I do think that the NVX sub has made the biggest difference in the overall sound. Im sure changing the tweeters and dash speakers would make things even better, but for now, im happy with the boom boom in the zoom zoom.

Another update and question for those of you who added sound deadening to your hatch.

I took the front doors apart yesterday and added sound deadening material. Time consuming, but i can hear the difference. I have some resonance from the subwoofer and now want to apply deadening material to the hatch, but where should it be applied? The sub was installed in the left cubby hole. I cant tell where the resonance, or rattle is coming from.

October update. Ill continue updating this post. Maybe someone will find it helpful.

Today i decided to sound deaden the lift gate. I was apprehensive, but took the plunge anyway. As i mentioned in a previous post, i was hearing some rattling from the rear when i would turn the bass knob up. I was able to pinpoint the area and it was coming from the hatch. The rattling i was hearing was coming from the big plastic piece on the lift gate. I removed that large piece and added the deadening material to it. I also added painters tape to base of the blue clips, just in case they were causing any rattling. I took the car out for a drive when i was done, and it sounds great now - no more rattles!

Reactions: WhtLghtning
Another update; I installed the light harmonic front door speakers today. For anyoneconsidering doing this, im sure it's been mentioned before, but it's pretty simple. It only took me about 15mins per door. I dont really hear a difference yet, but i habe read that there's a break-in period, so im hopeful that the sound will improve with time.
Lastly, I do think that the NVX sub has made the biggest difference in the overall sound. Im sure changing the tweeters and dash speakers would make things even better, but for now, im happy with the boom boom in the zoom zoom.
Would you install the NVX sub/amp first or the LH two front speakers (no sub)? I have the premium sound already

Would you install the NVX sub/amp first or the LH two front speakers (no sub)? I have the premium sound already
Another vote for NVX sub/amp. I would leave the door speakers alone, actually. Even with some more expensive midbass drivers and 130w of power, the different was pretty subtle.

I am considering replacing the midrange speakers in my dash, though I'm not sure how much the sound is processed for what's there, and if my upgrade would be lateral or even a downgrade without a DSP or additional amplification.