Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC area delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today i figured since they have all my money, and while i have a VIN i still have never had them reach out via phone or email. So i felt entitled to one phone call :D

I called the Manhasset location which is where i was told i would pick up in the one automated text i did receive. i just said i was curious and the person there said i should speak with my delivery advisor. i said i did not know i had an advisor and do you have his or her name? within 10 minutes i got a call from a las vegas number and it was indeed 'my' advisor Cody. He tracked my VIN and found that the vehicle is in transit, should be here next week i suppose.

progress
Hmm. You think if I call Mt. Kisco, they'll somehow get "Kimberly" in Vegas to contact me?

Congrats! Pearl White looks great.
none of their colors were 'favorites'. the red was close but not being able to see it in advance i wasn't gonna spend the extra money. assuming i like the car i will probably have it painted true candy apple someday. meanwhile this will be nice and my son has declared it a stormtrooper vehicle so gonna have some fun with that. i did spring for the induction wheels.
empire.jpg

Reactions: Electric Steve
none of their colors were 'favorites'. the red was close but not being able to see it in advance i wasn't gonna spend the extra money. assuming i like the car i will probably have it painted true candy apple someday. meanwhile this will be nice and my son has declared it a stormtrooper vehicle so gonna have some fun with that.
View attachment 523504
The picture attached to my post is what my car should look like. Hoping to schedule a delivery soon.

The picture attached to my post is what my car should look like. Hoping to schedule a delivery soon.
i love the mazda red. but still not sure i would want it long term, i'm an old guy LOL. the white is fine. but i was also frustrated because i couldn't really see and get a true feel for the red even by going to the tesla store and looking at their samples. it seems there were a few slightly different reds.

i'm also a bit of a steampunker. white is fine for that. i might do some copper or bronze with the wheels and trim, we shall see. there are also some talented artists out there who do neat designs...

Got the text today. Im in NJ but they set me up for Brooklyn delivery. I called Springfield and the are rerouting the car there for pickup sat 3/28. Just trying to figure out my financing options.
LR AWD White/Black 20" no FSD (will add FSD after delivery)

it's possible. not only that, but about an hour ago i got my text to schedule delivery, next tuesday at 10
Happy day

I'm live in Manorville in Suffolk county and just received my text yesterday afternoon that my midnight grey model y performance awd is on it's way to manhasset tesla and to schedule my pickup. Scheduled pickup from phone for 26th 10am. Called dealer to confirm and received my vin,Called insurance company paid $300 deposit to add on policy, they had to put model x on policy because they said model y is not in system yet but will update later?uploaded insurance cards to tesla/dealer and now eagerly waiting with giddy anticipation for this marvel of engineering technology and my freedom from combustible engines, gas stations, oil changes, antifreeze flushes,transmission fluids and all the other disadvantages of combustible engines.

Has anyone else been contacted to pickup at manhasset?they informed me they are getting a truckload of about ten cars with mine?

I'm working with tesla to find and installer for a tesla wall home charger, does anyone have experience with a reputable electrician who installed one on there home already with satisfaction that they would recommend?
I’m picking mine up on the 25th at Manhasset. It cost me 2500 bucks to install a wall charger in Sag Harbor.

i love the mazda red. but still not sure i would want it long term, i'm an old guy LOL. the white is fine. but i was also frustrated because i couldn't really see and get a true feel for the red even by going to the tesla store and looking at their samples. it seems there were a few slightly different reds.

i'm also a bit of a steampunker. white is fine for that. i might do some copper or bronze with the wheels and trim, we shall see. there are also some talented artists out there who do neat designs...
When I took that life-changing test drive in Milford, I got to see a lot of Teslas all in one place. Maybe my color vision isn't as refined, but all the reds looked just plain red to me; I didn't detect any significant differences among them.

My current (soon to be sold) car is red and I've gotten used to looking for that color in parking lots. Besides, my theory is that red goes faster! Still, white on the inside and outside is a classic Tesla look, and there are good reasons for that. That's probably the combo I've seen most often in the field. And, as you said, it's a nice blank canvas for adding aesthetic touches.

Good news from Tesla, by the way. In response to my email, I got a phone call from Nevada just now and got to talk to an actual human being. He said that he's expecting my car to be ready by the end of the month, give or take a few days.

I'll get a text message and will be able to pick a date. At that point, I'll have my contract and my VIN, which means I can finalize the insurance details; I already got an estimate from Geico.

Now I just have to deal with making room for it.

Reactions: Aarons12
i got the longer cabled charger and it's still not long enough to be convnenient. it will work out of course, but was reading a review of the gen 3 charger today and it basically said 'shame on tesla for shortening the cable'
Yeah, I read that review, too. They have a point about the length; it should allow you to easily reach the opposite corner of the car. I'm going to have to make sure to get mine mounted as close as possible, even if it's inconvenient to install that way.

I've been trying to get the longer-cable version but it's still sold out. Once I get a delivery date, I'll see if maybe they have one in stock locally, either at Mt. Kisco or Milford. Or, hell, I'd be fine with an excuse to take the new car out on a road trip, so long as it's not all the way out to Fremont.

When I took that life-changing test drive in Milford, I got to see a lot of Teslas all in one place. Maybe my color vision isn't as refined, but all the reds looked just plain red to me; I didn't detect any significant differences among them.

eventually i want a true candy apple red, but that's now. still, that's also since i was a teenager
small red.jpg

yeah, no problem to find it. expensive paint job, though
More so if you then protect with the PPF and ceramic coating, which you would probably want to after that expense.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to initially charge with a 110v extension cord, until I can get the WC and then have it installed. Or, in a pinch, I'm not far from Superchargers. Given that I haven't left the house in about a week, I'm not really worried about how fast the battery charges.