Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y Performance lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: Thread moved from Model S forum.

Tesla does not seem to have any Performance Model Y or 3s new or used in stock. Looking around in my area for private party deals on a 2023’s there wasn’t much to so choose from, so I ordered a new Model Y Performance. Delivery is estimated to be between February and March.

I’m wondering, why are the performance models so hard to find new? I know that the model 3 performance is not yet being sold, but model Y is, yet there is nothing in inventory throughout the whole USA? Has anyone else received their model Y performance this year? If so how long did it take to get a VIN assigned and take delivery?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tesla does not seem to have any Performance Model Y or 3s new or used in stock. Looking around in my area for private party deals on a 2023’s there wasn’t much to so choose from, so I ordered a new Model Y Performance. Delivery is estimated to be between February and March.

I’m wondering, why are the performance models so hard to find new? I know that the model 3 performance is not yet being sold, but model Y is, yet there is nothing in inventory throughout the whole USA? Has anyone else received their model Y performance this year? If so how long did it take to get a VIN assigned and take delivery?

Thanks!
I ordered a new Model Y Performance 2 weeks ago and my delivery date is now around March 8. Apparently there is a new software update that isn't fully ready for install yet. Once it's ready the State need to inspect it before it can be sold as new.

I ordered a new Model Y Performance 2 weeks ago and my delivery date is now around March 8. Apparently there is a new software update that isn't fully ready for install yet. Once it's ready the State need to inspect it before it can be sold as new.

This is mentioned in a different thread - there are regulatory hang ups. I understand it is both EPA (federal) and also state of California (CARB).

Reactions: theslimshadyist

Thanks!
Get yours yet? I ordered around the same time; maybe delivery before mid March.

For some of us, that is exactly the situation. I saw mine over the weekend at the local Tesla Service Center, but I cannot take delivery on it because of the "EPA hold".
I did a suspicious looking drive by of the local lot here yesterday looking for mine. I didn't see any MYPs on their lot at all, which makes me think they're all hidden behind the building so they don't get bombarded with questions.

Here’s what Tesla told me. EPA issues are resolved. Should be scheduling delivery any day now!

Attachments

• IMG_0983.png
    IMG_0983.png
    313 KB · Views: 48