Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model Y Performance lead time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the waiver we've been required to sign prior to delivery, I just got notification via the app that my order had changed and that I needed to review some documents and agree to the new terms. Clicking "review" takes me to a short statement which is exactly what you'd expect: it mentions the new, lower range and asks if you still want to continue with your delivery. Upon hitting yes it takes you right back to where you were in the process prior to agreeing. An obvious safeguard for Tesla since what you'd initially agreed to buy isn't quite the same after today's new calculations. It's only a 6-mile difference from the original range estimates, so it's insubstantial, but Tesla's lawyers had to get your approval.

Congrats - yours is one of the first '24 MYPs to be on the streets.
Thank you. I have to say that the ride quality of this one is much better than of the 2020 MYP that I had previously, and some of the issues that caused rattling/vibrating noises have been addressed, but already with the 2024 there are rattling noises that I will need to figure out and try to address.

Reactions: NCRiderSW
They still can't schedule mine until next Saturday! Something about having so many model 3 and regular model Y pickups already scheduled. Pretty frustrating. Burbank, CA
Burbank delivery center is a madhouse… all they do is pump out cars all day. Pretty well organized and a fairly easy process but it doesn’t surprise me they’re fully booked a week or more out at this point in the quarter.

I messaged in the app to see if mine made it (was originally enroute to Chicago but after i ordered they re-routed). Initially i thought the EPA delay was going to be the slow part.

About a half hour later they messaged back that it arrived and asked what day was good for pickup. I said today was my preference then secondarily tomorrow. That was over an hour ago and i got crickets...

Are they usually slow to reply in the in-app messaging?

Burbank delivery center is a madhouse… all they do is pump out cars all day. Pretty well organized and a fairly easy process but it doesn’t surprise me they’re fully booked a week or more out at this point in the quarter.
Agreed. I was there yesterday and witnessed the same. There was a sense of being rushed so they could deal with the next delivery.

Hi all, new member, initial window was March 8-16, then has been pushed back one day every day with a one week window, after asking about delivery in app with rep only answered I’d be notified when time for delivery 3/9-3/16, now now delivery window 3/12-3/19, not much help from rep…

I messaged in the app to see if mine made it (was originally enroute to Chicago but after i ordered they re-routed). Initially i thought the EPA delay was going to be the slow part.

About a half hour later they messaged back that it arrived and asked what day was good for pickup. I said today was my preference then secondarily tomorrow. That was over an hour ago and i got crickets...

Are they usually slow to reply in the in-app messaging?
The same thing happened to me but after a bit I decided to look at my Delivery Date in the App and found my answer there. Not great customer service but it worked.