Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes I ordered 9/24 and matched within 2 days.. But I wanted my car around Oct 22 plus I see they are coming out with 2021 VIN. So called Tesla and asked them to reassign my VIN to someone else which they did..

Wifey isn't going to be happy!!! I thought it was cute what you were trying to do... Nice anniversary gift.

I just wanted to have the new car before I lose my Leased Bolt. Driving a Tundra around isn't good for the environment just to commute (LOL)

I have a 2019 Model 3 and a Prius now ... Love them both for different reasons.

So you are a seasoned veteran of these Tesla orders! I have a Prius Prime too, but the GF is taking it. I am truly hoping it still arrives in October. I don't like to harass the TA too much. If it gets over the 9 weeks then I'll change tactics.

Edit: and just to clarify... on the 22nd of September i got a text that I'd get a delivery within the next 4-8 days. Never heard any thing more on that front... But it did cause me to panic, for nothing.

Hi Everyone - this is very cathartic reading through everyone's posts. Glad I found this because I assumed I wasn't the only one checking their account everyday hoping for a VIN.

I ordered 9/3 during the 2-4 week estimated delivery window. Called yesterday and still they can't tell me anything. Originally my adviser said for sure i would receive in October but somehow I am unsure - does anyone think otherwise?

I am in Southern California. Ordered LR MY Silver with the upgraded wheels.

Hi Everyone - this is very cathartic reading through everyone's posts. Glad I found this because I assumed I wasn't the only one checking their account everyday hoping for a VIN.

I ordered 9/3 during the 2-4 week estimated delivery window. Called yesterday and still they can't tell me anything. Originally my adviser said for sure i would receive in October but somehow I am unsure - does anyone think otherwise?

That’s strange. Several people (in other states) have received their (2021) VIN already.
I am picking up my MSM this Saturday (2021 model), and I placed my order 9/25th.

I just placed an order an hour ago for the Y. MSM with white interior and 19". I hope its a 2021.

I received my VIN just yesterday .. I placed my order on 8/28 (45 days).. So I def know the feeling .. .. I can just say this .. I am glad it was delayed as I got the 2021 VIN :).. So just hang in there ...

Reactions: alexcue

It looks like they are prepping to switch shipping to east coast...

I received my delivery text today, scheduled for 10/26, crazy, that is the only text I have received from Tesla.. so was worried I would not receive it! I just went on the Geico site to swap out my insurance and insert my new VIN, very odd, Geico does not have the Model Y in their systems! 48-hour turnaround to get any assistance ... sounds expensive!

Reactions: jsight
I received my delivery text today, scheduled for 10/26, crazy, that is the only text I have received from Tesla.. so was worried I would not receive it! I just went on the Geico site to swap out my insurance and insert my new VIN, very odd, Geico does not have the Model Y in their systems! 48-hour turnaround to get any assistance ... sounds expensive!
I am with Geico too and similar experience. After I got my delivery date, I called Geico instead of going thru their app/website. Hold was about 10 minutes but the lady was able to put everything in, recalculate the premium from effective date and send me the proof of insurance all in about 20 minutes. If you wish you can try that route instead of email response

Reactions: cdhowell