Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October Delivery Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, really active discussion going on here! :)

A friend just picked up his white Model Y AWD today in MN. It looked great! About as perfect as it could get. Paint was perfect (though white is REALLY hard to inspect in detail), and all the mechanicals were virtually perfect. Even the taillights and charge port door looked great (compared to early Y’s).
To excessively nitpick, the frunk and trunk / lift gate were both slightly misaligned left/right, but only by about 2 millimeters (really minor); but, you have to look REALLY close to see it; from a few steps away, you can’t tell. Note that both work perfectly and there is no rubbing.
Also, Tesla left a little adhesive residue on the drivers side door trim, but that should clean off easily. This item really should have been preemptively handled by the local delivery team.

Reactions: Adkrenew
I took delivery of 2021 MY yesterday 10/28 with my order placed on 9/14. They originally had me for delivery last week, but notified me that they found a paint imperfection on the passenger rear door and sent it to be fixed. It delayed the delivery by 4 days.
The delivery process was good, not great. The SA was very helpful. I only found 7 minor issues and already scheduled a service for a month out to check and repair them.
One thing we did notice is 1) the detailing on the delivery kinda sucked. There was a lot of dust in the car, and plastic coverings still on some parts of the vanity mirrors, roof, and door sills. There was also dirt / dust that the SA had to wipe down off most of the black plastic moldings.

I stopped by the Richmond, VA store on Tuesday 10/27 to check out fit & finish of the Y's on the lot, and two car carriers had just finished unloading about 15 Y's. All were manufactured between 10/14 and 10/16, and most were AWD with Inductions. The highest VIN I saw about 62500. The usual suspects looked great. The tail lights and charging ports were all flush, and the doors and hoods all looked good as well. The panel gaps looked good all around. I did notice some paint "drips" in some of the panel gaps but nothing that would cause me not to accept delivery. None had double paned glass. So, apparent quality looks better IMO.

20201027_164421.jpg 20201027_163506.jpg 20201027_163500.jpg

Just took the delivery of LR AWD 19" White/Black with tow hitch here in Charlotte NC
Had a very pleasant experience. The SA walked us around the car, explained few things, helped set up the phone key.
Car looks good with just two issues - a slight alignment mismatch of trunk where it meets the charging port and rear seats little misaligned. The SA made note of both issues

Everything else looks good. Doors are aligned properly, no scratches on any windows, windshield or roof glass. Interior looks good as well without any stains etc.

No double pane windows and the center console is glossy piano black

Car was 85% charged and clean

Just took the delivery of LR AWD 19" White/Black with tow hitch here in Charlotte NC
Had a very pleasant experience. The SA walked us around the car, explained few things, helped set up the phone key.
Car looks good with just two issues - a slight alignment mismatch of trunk where it meets the charging port and rear seats little misaligned. The SA made note of both issues

Everything else looks good. Doors are aligned properly, no scratches on any windows, windshield or roof glass. Interior looks good as well without any stains etc.

No double pane windows and the center console is glossy piano black

Car was 85% charged and clean

What was your VIN 6XXX?