Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus making the switch ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I switched to octopus and signed up for the go tarriff over 6 weeks ago and still not had date for smart meter. Several emails and phone calls and each time told would be within a few days. More recently they dont answer emails and the phone just goes to answerphone with message to try calling back tommorrow..........Beginning to wonder whats going on. Anyone here had similar issues and found a way to get in touch/resolve similar issue?
When I joined they said I should here from installer within 14 working days. 14 days and 1 minute later I emailed them and about 2 days later they sent me a link to book an install online (why they could not have done that day one eludes me). That was end of November. earliest date to book the installation was start of Jan.
I guess it varies hugely based on where you live.

Smart meter installed 6th Dec. Still waiting for the consumption data to show (you can’t move to Go until that shows). We have to wait until the 20th before they will escalate.

Ours was installed on 3rd. Installer said 20 mins elec, 30 mins gas before showing on HID. Gas showed as predicted, but elec disappeared totally. I chased and as you got the it takes 2 weeks. So I called Mon, chap couldn't be more helpful. Within a few minutes he had seen that the elec opening reading/bill had not been raised for some reason and without that, meter readings would not work. So he raised that and before he had said wait a few hours and if sill nothing call next day, the IHD had started doing something and a few minutes later, all up and running, albeit with best part of 2 weeks worth of elec readings missing. So shame some hide behind 'it can take 2 weeks' before spending literally 2 minutes investigating and revealing a genuine issue.

Hope it works for you.

What I had not realised was that 30 minute usage graphs are available on account web pages. Shame no instant gas on IHD like elec (not convinced it updates properly though), but otherwise, via Api I may have some useful data to augment my elec use stats - unfortunately gas kWh values on web graphs look wrong so at some point I will chase them about that. Would be nice to get a 5 minute consumption readings though. I'll further investigate some third party solutions.

about 2 days later they sent me a link to book an install online (why they could not have done that day one eludes me). That was end of November. earliest date to book the installation was start of Jan.

Its worth visiting that on daily basis. I was sent link to AES which was fully booked till year end, but cancellations come up on daily basis so you can pick those up when they appear. Mine eventually came down to a couple of weeks, then a week delay as on date of install, installer said he had no whole house isolation switch that I wanted fitting.